PhD Scholarship, Future of Engineering Practice
- Engineering Practice Academy
- Developing STEM Professionals
- 3 year scholarship, $27,082 stipend
About the scholarship
A PhD project is available into the Future of Engineering Practice. The candidate will undertake research to improve our understanding of how successful engineers perform their work and adapt to change. This research will adopt one or more different research methods, e.g. ethnographic research, interviews etc., depending on the project scope. The applicant will be expected to make a contribution to the field of engineering practice. The candidate will be supervised by an academic team in the Engineering Practice academy and will have the opportunity to work with industry and community partners.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following:
- A Bachelor degree (Honours) and/or a research master’s degree in a discipline relevant to the research topic (or equivalent)
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated person who meets the academic requirements for enrolment for the PhD degree at Swinburne University of Technology
- Academically sound candidate with essential team-working, observational and communication skills
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description
Further information, contacts and support
To register your interest, click on begin at the bottom of this page and submit a resume, cover letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the Position Description below.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
For further information about the position, please contact Enda Crossin (Senior Lecturer) at email@example.com .
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on email@example.com , or our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment Officer, Sherrin Trautmann on DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au .
Applications close at 5 pm on Friday 5th October 2018