PhD Scholarship, Developing STEM Professional
- Engineering Practice Academy
- Developing STEM Professionals
- 3 year scholarship, $27,082 stipend
About the scholarship
A PhD project is available into the Development of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) Professionals. The candidate will undertake research into improving our understanding of the development of STEM learners, practitioners, and citizens, focusing on the socialisation and multiplicity of practice that supports inclusive pathways into and within the STEM professions.
This research will adopt one or more different research methods, e.g. ethnographic research, interviews etc., depending on the project scope. The applicant will be expected to make a contribution to the field of education and/or engineering practice. The candidate will be supervised by an academic team in the Engineering Practice academy and will have the opportunity to work with industry and community partners.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following:
- A Bachelor degree (Honours) and/or a research master’s degree in a discipline relevant to the research topic (or equivalent)
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated person who meets the academic requirements for enrolment for the PhD degree at Swinburne University of Technology
- Academically sound candidate with essential team-working, observational and communication skills
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description
Further information, contacts and support
To express your interest, please click on begin at the bottom of this page and submit a resume, cover letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the Position Description below.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
For further information about the position, please contact Enda Crossin (Senior Lecturer) at email@example.com.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5 pm on Friday 5th October 2018