Coordinator, Cooperative Education
The School of Arts and Sciences
Duty station: Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
Deadline: 30 September 2018
Summary of the Position
The Coordinator, Co-operative (Co-op) Education in the School of Arts and Sciences is responsible for the development, implementation and coordination of the recruitment and placement of students in the Co-op Programme. The Coordinator is also responsible for the day-to-day supervision of the Co-op Placement Programme, including conducting interviews, performance evaluations, and performance counseling. The Coordinator identifies student cooperative education needs, developing plans to address these needs, and evaluates the effectiveness of the plans. The Coordinator markets the programme to area employers, develops educational work site opportunities, and places students in appropriate positions.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop learning outcomes for students that are tied to the student’s programme of study (Major) and professional preparation seeking input from student, faculty, and employer. Ensure work terms are of sufficient quality, diversity and experience level. Conduct employer and student evaluations. Engage in student assessment. Maintain student records and files.
- Develop employment readiness training for students. Identify skills and dispositions required by students. Work with faculty and staff to develop a Co-operative Education Content Guide including curriculum and lesson plans, facilitate teaching, and review and update the Guide as current market trend dictates. In addition, conduct Co-operative Education seminars, workshops, guest lectures and other relevant events in Naryn campus.
- Work with faculty and staff to match students with an appropriate, career-related employment site; counsel students on an on-going basis regarding job-related issues, professional and career development.
- Conduct site visits to monitor student performance, assess work progress, identify additional learning opportunities, and determine employer satisfaction with the student, the University and the Co-op programme. Identify issues, find solutions and negotiate resolutions with employer and student.
- Ensure all employers complete evaluations and they discuss them with the students, review evaluations with the students at the end of the co-op term.
- Collect the final evaluation of co-op programme from students and conduct follow-up meetings with students and employers.
- Develop and monitor programme budget. Participate in budget meetings. Justify budget expenditures.
- Assist in the promotion and marketing of the Co-op Programme both internally and externally. Develop effective methods of communicating programme objectives and outcomes. Liaise with employers to identify, develop, and maintain employment opportunities to ensure adequate number and appropriate placements for students in market sectors related to their programme of study within the three Founding States and beyond.
- Design and implement career preparation programs. Organise career fairs and other on-campus events.
- Develop policies and procedures necessary for the effective implementation of the Co-op Programme.
- Document all programmes and processes of implementation of Co-operation Education
- Perform other related duties as assigned, and
- Willingness to travel to employer locations in the country, and
- Willingness to spend 40-50 % of time with students and faculty in Naryn, depending on the approved academic calendar
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A university degree from a recognized university, plus three to five years related experience
- Awareness of the current job market and employment regulations in Kyrgyzstan and in Central Asia region and beyond.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, and ability to interact effectively with others
- Well organized, results oriented, effective time-management skills and ability to focus on multiple tasks
- In addition to Kyrgyz and Russian fluency in written and oral English is required.
The Coordinator, Cooperative Education reports to the Head, Cooperative Education
The position will be based in Bishkek, but will require travel in the three Founding States (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, and Tajikistan), and residence at each of the three Campuses
The job description is subject to change. Candidates from the founding countries of UCA i.e Tajikistan, Kyrgyz Republic and Kazakhstan are encouraged to apply for the position.
How to Apply
To apply please send a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references to email@example.com by September 30th 2018. Applications will be reviewed on rolling basis. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “Co-op Coordinator”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.