Director, Faculty Support Services
Stanford Graduate School of Business
Residing in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.
As Director, Faculty Support, you will provide management and coordination of administrative and operations-related functions for the Faculty Support Department with substantial impact within the GSB. Manage faculty support staff to achieve the research and teaching mission, goals and objectives of the unit.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Direct faculty support staff and provide leadership to achieve goals and vision of the organization and the day-to-day operations. Responsible for hiring and retaining staff, career coaching, personal development for direct reports and accountable for the performance of employees.
- Manage the Teaching Resources Group that develops teaching materials and be responsive to faculty needs.
- May independently or in collaboration with human resources managers, guide faculty in the interpretation and implementation of human resources policies, procedures and programs.
- Develop business plans and infrastructure to support research and teaching. Provide analysis and review of multi-year plans, including providing alternative methods for achieving goals when necessary. Influence faculty leadership on specific recommendations for current operation and for future development of the organization and lead process improvement.
- Interpret, implement and ensure compliance with university academic and administrative policies and procedures within an operating unit. Recommend new internal policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Oversee and/or manage the finances across all sources for the annual budget cycle, including developing, monitoring, analyzing forecasting and reporting.
- Manage and coordinate grants and contracts for the department. Ensure compliance with institutional and external requirements.
- Other duties may also be assigned
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of relevant experience in administrative and financial management, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Strong customer service focus to enable and support faculty in their research and teaching
- Ability to work with faculty in resolving issues
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills including conflict resolution.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong financial expertise in accounting, budget planning and financial forecasting.
- Strong expertise in grants and contract administration.
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong expertise in business and management computer applications and databases.
- Strong knowledge of industry standards and/or regulatory requirements.
- Subject matter expertise for area(s) of responsibility.
- Ability to multi-task and manage deadlines.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Why Stanford is for You
Stanford’s dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and résumé along with your online application.