Academic Planning and Curriculum Coordinator
Department Name QU Health Academic Quality Assurance
Purpose of this Office will be to coordinate all efforts of continuous review and improvement of academic programs at QU Health and its member college, and to provide analytical support for curriculum enhancement, learning outcome assessment, quality assurance, and accreditation
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates the Curriculum Enhancement process.
- Works in partnership with QU Health colleges and programs to design and maintain high-quality curricula and to plan curriculum developments such as the restructuring of existing programs, development of new courses, and changes in the attributes of existing courses.
- Serves as a resource person to faculty, staff, and management on curriculum enhancement requirements. Works collaboratively with faculty,staff and management to ensure compliance with Qatar University rules and policies.
- Facilitates and coordinates the work of the QU Health Curriculum Enhancement Committee and the QU Health Learning Outcome and Assessment Committee; Attends committee meetings and ensures that meeting minutes are distributed in a timely manner.
- Coordinates and follows up on the development of the university catalogs.
- Reviews, evaluates curriculum enhancement request and proposals from programs and colleges.
- Coordinates and liaises with the university level Curriculum Enhancement Committee.
- Collects, maintains, and organizes curriculum enhancement related data; reviews curriculum and course related data, and provides data analysis and reporting as needed.
- Provide periodic reports on the curriculum enhancement process and its outcomes.
- Work in partnership with the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs to ensure consistency and accuracy of curriculum and course related records.
- As directed, conducts benchmark research for new programs; and supports the development of feasibility studies for new programs.Supports the evaluation of proposed curriculum to determine quality and impact on college curriculum.
- Assists with special projects and identifying training needs involving program development, administration and articulation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- An earned Master degree. A PhD is preferable.
- A minimum of five years of progressive experience in higher education.
- Demonstrable experience in curriculum design and development and quality assurance processes.
- Knowledge of instruction and teaching methods needs assessment and research methods.
- Knowledge of student learning outcomes and assessment.
- Effective communication skills,both in oral and written form, ability to communicate technical information ina clear and understandable manner.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to utilize computer technology for communication, data gathering and reporting activities.
- Curriculum Vitae with cover letter
- Degree certificate and transcript
- Experience Certificates
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Public healthcare and health insurance to candidate and family members.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Job Category Non-Academic
End Date of Advertisment 15-Nov-2018