Travel and Transport Coordinator
2 days left
- Full Time
Duty station: Naryn, Kyrgyzstan
Deadline: 28 September 2018
Summary of Position and Key Responsibilities
The position is responsible for supervision, coordinates and arranges of all facets of ground transportation operation and provides resource information for our diverse residential community, while providing a welcoming area for residents and guests. in Naryn campus. It is a replacement position during maternity leave.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Travel and Transport:
- Solicit and obtain transportation needs from staff. Analyze and determine most cost effective/efficient mode of transportation
- Make reservations (cars, vans, charter buses, shuttle services) and provide continuous follow up
- Investigate and resolve problems; negotiate reduced charges/credits and rates for transportation services
- Supervise, review and facilitate all transportation payments via check request, purchase order
- Supervise the work of the drivers
- Advise campus community about transport options/issues and driver availability
- Monitor all transportation activities and follow up with travelers and service providers to ensure needs are met.
- Performs receptionist duties by greeting University employees, students, and visitors, directing them to the appropriate offices or persons, providing factual information or materials to routine inquiries (within the capability to do so and within prescribed policies), answering the telephone, taking messages or routing calls according to office procedures utilising organizational familiarity and necessary discretion, and making appointments as appropriate.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- At least 2 years of relevant or similar experience related work experience in a similar position or an equivalent combination thereof.
- Fluent oral and written English and local used language.
- Knowledge, Skills and Ability Required
- Knowledge record keeping requirements
- Knowledge of MS Office software programs
- The ability to operate electronic, photocopier or other standard office machines, perform routine alpha-numeric filing tasks, and perform basic record-keeping and tabulation tasks
- Organisational skills, attention to detail and high accuracy
- Proven strong communication and negotiation skills, and client orientation, good listening skills
- The ability to work cooperatively with co-workers, supervisors and with on and off campus contacts
- The ability to demonstrate a high degree of motivation, tact and diplomacy; use independent judgment and priority setting; good listening and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to focus on multiple tasks, deadlines and exercising initiative in organizing and completing assignments independently
- Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references to email@example.com or submit to UCA HR Department by September 28th 2018. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Position open until filled. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “Travel and Transport Coordinator/Receptionist”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.