Human Resources Manger
DIRECTOR, HUMAN RESOURCES
Serves a member of a fully integrated HR team, accountable for work force planning, and execution, as well as talent management and development. Collaborates with HR team to create appropriate metrics and achieve operational efficiencies. Builds compelling presentations and develops various types of communications to support the HR strategies and priorities. This position will report to the Divisional Chief Human Resources Officer and will serve in his/her absence.
40% Workforce Planning and Talent Management /Development
- Serves as a consultant to the HR team and PRMO leaders on identification of short and long term organizational and people capabilities required to execute the business strategy; translates workforce needs into short-term hiring and development plans; works within HR team and the leaders to ensure execution against the plans and achievement of desired outcomes. Partners with leaders to ensure that actions and plans are aligned with the desired culture
- Supports leaders in building a strong leadership pipeline across PRMO by partnering on processes to identify top talent, creation of development plans for key talent; champions talent development solutions across the PRMO
- Contributes to other talent management focus areas to include employee engagement, performance management, employee development, competency/capability development, rewards & recognition, hiring, employee relations, and leader effectiveness
- Keeps current on external trends, developments, or activities that could impact talent, organizational effectiveness, culture, and leadership development
40% Operational Effectiveness /Metrics
- Develop initiatives that will increase the use of HR analytics and standardize continuous improvement. Partner with HR Generalists and Performance Services to design customer requirements for ease of use with people analytics, warehouse and reports.
- Monitor the latest research on talent management analytics and provide recommendations of how to continually improve tools and measurement.
- Ensure the integrity of data governance requirements are held to high standards for legal compliance and organization efficiency. Recommend ways to better utilize technology to improve service delivery.
- Translate analysis and insights into informative and consumable visualizations and build compelling presentations to focus leaders on relevant people issues and potential solutions. Present at various meetings or group sessions as needed
- Collaborates with HR team to create appropriate metrics and seek ways to understand and meet customer needs. Provides subject matter expertise on operational effectiveness and change management
- Collaborates with the Divisional Chief HR Officer to monitoring operations and providing quality services Approve Paid Time Off and provide input in HR Staff Evaluation. Supervises HR transactions and seek ways for efficiencies in transactions.
20% HR Strategy Planning/Execution
- Participates in HR Strategic Planning in order to align with organizational priorities, best practices as well as the PRMO Mission Vision and Values. Help to monitor and report progress in executing HR Strategy to leaders and customers. Seek ways to understand the customer’s needs and include the voice of the customer in HR planning.
- Serves as a voice of the customer by providing perspective into new reward and recognition programs, talent development solutions, recruiting priorities & processes, HR practices and policies
Requisition Number 401485008
Duke Entity PRMO
Job Code 5053 HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Job Family Level G2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university required.
Work requires three years of business and/or administrative experience, with exposure to human resources activities, to acquire knowledge of human resources policies and procedures necessary to manage the personnel activities of a department or division.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Technical - Demonstrate HR operational leadership by effectively demonstrating some knowledge of healthcare and considerable knowledge of HR practices/policies related to employment, labor relations, diversity, compensation and program evaluation. Must be able to develop spreadsheets, presentations and documents. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience working in and managing teams in a matrix organization structure
- Strong HR and business acumen
- Excellent coaching, consultation and facilitation skills.
- Superior interpersonal and influential skills. Ability to quickly establish and build effective relationships.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities while working with urgency in the midst of a significant business/organizational transformation.
- Ability to conceptualize and execute creative solutions based on business needs, not relying solely on past experiences but leveraging different perspectives to build new ways of doing things
- Highly developed emotional intelligence with strong communication skills
- Ability to resolve challenges across all levels of the organization while demonstrating respect and being honest, even when the truth is difficult
- Strong customer focus by following through on commitments and overcoming obstacles.
- Ability to lead and grow the competency levels of staff and to create professional development programs and curricula
- Strategic management skills to facilitate both the establishment of a team- and a goal-oriented environment, providing vision and encouraging innovation and staff empowerment through active communication and delegation, building confidence and enthusiasm, compelling others to action, promoting diversity of thought, and celebrating achievements
- Sound judgment and problem solving skills, thoughtfulness and attention to detail, self-reflective with the ability to think strategically and act decisively, and strong work ethic
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to negotiate and balance expectations and priorities of demanding stakeholders
- Ability to work with and embrace diverse cultural groups and individuals and develop initiatives or programs to promote diversity and inclusion
- Demonstrated ability to bring teams together rallying around the same goals while building and mentoring staff for the long-term success of the group.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Auto req ID