Senior Administrative Coordinator
Classified Title: Senior Administrative Coordinator
Role/Level/Range: ATO 37.5/03/OF
Starting Salary Range: $19.62 - $27.00 per hour
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30am-5:00pm
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 01-MD:Homewood Campus
Department name: 10000005-Provost and Sr VP for Acdmc Affs Off of
Personnel area: Whiting School of Engineering
This position provides high-level administrative support to the Vice Provost for Integrative Learning and Life Design (VP). The VP works closely with members of the Office of the Provost, deans, and university leadership to achieve the academic initiatives and priorities for Johns Hopkins University. Responsibilities for the Senior Administrative Coordinator position include scheduling and managing the VP’s calendar, preparing the VP for a variety of key meetings, scheduling complex standing meetings, serving as a liaison between the VP and university officials, managing internal and external communication, and providing project management support as needed.
The Senior Administrative Coordinator must demonstrate careful judgment, a high level of discretion, and the ability to work independently. The successful candidate will collaborate with other members of the Office of the Provost’s administrative team, communicate effectively, prioritize multiple tasks, demonstrate a proactive approach to work assignments, and take initiative in the anticipation of future needs of the VP. Having prior work experience in institutions of higher education is preferred, and comfort with digital communication tools and social media is highly desired.
- Manage the VP’s calendar by effectively prioritizing requests for meetings and resolving scheduling conflicts;
- Develop itineraries for the VP (transportation, lodging, etc.) for in-state and out-of-state travel;
- Manage special projects as directed;
- Provide administrative support for high-level committee meetings: working with senior administrators and faculty members and administrative staff to schedule meetings, reserving rooms and A/V support, ordering catering, tracking attendance plans, and preparing and distributing materials;
- Prepare first drafts of emails, letters, and other correspondence;
- Create and review digital content for web and social media platforms;
- Complete additional administrative duties such as: maintaining team and committee contact lists, processing reimbursements and other expenses, compiling meeting materials, and reserving meeting rooms and/or catering for special events;
- Perform other duties as required.
- High School Diploma/GED required with at least five years of administrative experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Additional education may be substituted for experience.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and respond quickly, creatively, and flexibly
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize projects, and adhere to deadlines
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail
- Discretion for confidential information
- Technologically savvy – experience with basic web search, social media (Twitter, LinkedIn), cloud-based document sharing (Slack, DropBox, Evernote), video conferencing tools (Facetime, Skype, Zoom), and project management tools
- Strong computer literacy skills, specifically with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information