Website Project Coodinator
The Office of Marketing, Communications, and Strategic Initiatives at the Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) leads external marketing and communications initiatives to advance the school’s global reputation as a leader in the field of international relations. This includes brand awareness, media relations, website, social media, integrated marketing, and high-level event promotion. The department is preparing for a large-scale website revision of the sais-jhu.edu website.
The department seeks a communications specialist to support the website redesign. This a one-year, term position is anticipated to start approximately September 2018.
The Communications Specialist will be responsible for executing the project strategy, prioritizing features, building consensus, and coordinating product scope, priorities, budgets and schedules with the project team, internal stakeholders and outside vendors to build a lasting, high-quality website.
The job requires a professional background in content development for digital communications, including the ability to write and edit copy and incorporate elements of graphic design within the context of a modern content management system. This position will also work with various internal stakeholders, external vendors, and administrative duties, as necessary. The Communications Specialist will report directly to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with vendor to set clearly defined objectives and deliverables
- Prioritize tasks and oversee the execution of all assigned tasks and deliverables
- Assign, delegate and project manage tasks to project members and vendors
- Establish regular and as needed meetings, trainings, confirming agendas and related materials; facilitate as needed
- Work directly with stakeholders to create and revise content
- Create usable, consumable, and functional content copy that aligns with the school’s tone, brand and marketing initiatives
- Make content modifications and additions, and implement approved digital content and enhancements throughout the site for the duration of the redesign project
- Assist with scheduling meetings, room reservations
- Manage budget reports, payments
- Manage external vendor relationship
- Bachelor's degree in fine arts, graphic design, computer science or other related field required.
- Two years related experience required.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience and additional related experience may substitute for required education, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, and presentation communication skills
- Ability to communicate technical subject matter to non-technical audience
- Ability to proactively identify process shortcomings and document steps needed to rectify
- Experience with content management systems, SEO, HTML and CSS
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Technical Writing, Information Architecture, Digital Media or related field
- Project management experience managing the creation and implementation of websites
- Previous web-based project management, or related experience
- Experience with academia, higher-education and international relations oriented organizations a plus
- Photo production
SPECIAL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
Please include a cover letter and a sample web writing sample.