Role/Level/Range: ATO 40/E/02/OE
Starting Salary Range: $35,876 - $49,327
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F, 8:30am - 5:00pm
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 04-MD:School of Medicine Campus
Department name: 10002799-SOM DOM General Admin Chairmans Offf
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The HR/Administrative Coordinator will provide HR and administrative support to the HR Director and HR Manager for the Department of Medicine (DOM), for the Johns Hopkins University (JHU) and Johns Hopkins Hospital (JHH). Represent DOM Human Resources as appropriate in communicating professionally with faculty, administrators, staff, and external contacts to respond to questions, resolve administrative problems and issues, and gather data as needed. Interpret operating policies of the University and the Hospital.
Human Resource 80%
- Submit and track requisitions in JHU and JHH Success Factors. Facilitates the approvals with DOM HR & Finance to post positions with JHU & JHH.
- Coordinate candidate interviews, phone screens, and reference checks.
- Coordinate placement of temporary staff as needed, by submitting requisitions, coordinating interviews and the hire, extending placements and approving timesheets.
- Provide recruiting and selection support for all open requisitions in the Chairman’s Office as well as DOM divisions as needed for both JHU & JHH.
- Administrative coordination of leadership arrangements as necessary
- Initiates the annual performance appraisals for Administrative/Management staff in the Chairman’s Office and within DOM as needed, both JHU & JHH
- Process Internal Service Requests (ISR’s) for specific divisions
- Process I-9s for House staff, faculty and students as needed
- Maintain JHH Kronos and JHU weekly time collection and payroll functions.
- Work with hourly employees to accurately track their time through the weekly time sheet.
- Maintain and update E210 time tracking system.
- Monitor and retrieve overpayments
- Maintains system to track faculty/staff payroll information and generate reports.
- Process promotions, transfers, reclassifications, salary increases, bonuses, overtime, and terminations.
- Implement system to monitor/resolve payroll issues: salary distribution/supplements/merit increases/terminations
- Work with staff members to obtain general information about FML related issue.
- Track and update FML determinations, changes and FML management
- Compile documentation in specified time frame and provide to staff and records department
- Process Short term and Long term disability upon approval
- Maintain existing and create new records of personnel for departmental faculty and staff.
- Responsible for the distribution, documentation and processing of 120-day and annual reviews.
- Create and maintain Faculty, and Staff HR files to include scanning correspondence documentations. Maintain confidentiality of documents and files.
- Resolve problems, answer question of other staff and faculty, and act as a source of information for all inquiries
- Provide backup support for the HR teams (i.e. payroll, job postings, and special projects, etc.,) as needed.
- Terminate employee access; coordinate badge collection as well as JH property collection
- Use the network and a variety of software programs to create and organize quality documents and reports needed by DOM HR.
- Provide administrative support for the DOM HR Director, HR Manager and HR Team
- Responsible for scheduling for the DOM HR Director and HR Manager’s calendar, as needed, and ensures appropriate materials are prepared for the meetings. Exercise independent judgement to rank and prioritize meeting requests and time lines.
- Prioritize telephone messages for the team, triage, and direct calls and messages coming into the DOM HR office.
- Triage complaints and requests directed to the DOM HR Director and HR Manager and manage them accordingly.
- Coordinate efforts between the six DOM HR divisional teams and provide back-up support when needed.
- Coordinate monthly HR meeting and training for administrative and clinical staff.
- Act as a resource for gathering information within the Department of Medicine
- Travel accommodations and reimbursements as necessary
- Assist with presentations and facilitates training on HR-related topics as needed.
- Maintain and edit the DOM HR SharePoint site
- Serves as project person for the DOM HR team and takes on non-routine projects that generally require coordinating between various offices.
- Manage confidential HR material and projects in DOM. Assist, compile, and disseminate information for all JHU, JHH, and SOM Human Resource initiatives.
- Compose and/or prepare documents for content, quality, and style, turning rough drafts into finished documents on behalf of the HR Director and HR Manager.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Three years of related experience required.
- Additional education may substitute for some experience.
- Must have the ability to coordinate multi-faceted types of work.
- This is a highly visible position in the Chairman’s office suite.
- We desire a mature, professional individual with good judgement who will maintain confidentiality with sensitive information and has the ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Special knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Proficiency in Words, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, Visio, Email communications, electronic calendaring, transcription, excellent spelling and grammar, excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle multiple complicated tasks, prioritization skills.
- Ability to operate PC, laser printer, fax, copier, shredder, scanner, and multi-line phone.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information: