Regeneration Next Initiative
Seeking a highly motivated individual to provide full-time administrative support for three related programs: the Laboratory for Tissue Regeneration (Kenneth Poss,Principal Investigator), the Leducq international research network, and the Duke Regeneration Next Initiative (RNI). This individual will be responsible for administrative oversight of a large biomedical research laboratory and two major initiatives under the leadership of the PI.
- Act as liaison between Leducq Research Foundation and 9 laboratories worldwide; communicate foundation policies and procedures to research network members and assist research network members by facilitating communication, answering inquiries, resolving problems,managing budget for projects funded by the foundation, and responding to administrative issues.
- Plan, coordinate,and/or facilitate various projects, events, and meetings associated with the three programs at the local, national, and international levels. Create and distribute materials needed for the meetings.
- Provide support for and manage meetings, travel, and calendar for the PI, and assist the Executive Director of RNI to carry out Initiative functions.
- Develop and implement processes, services and systems to ensure compliance with School of Medicine, University, and research foundation policies and processes.
- Act as a liaison with departmental business office regarding personnel appointments, salary and visa paperwork, and financial policies; organize and maintain files including personnel information and laboratory paperwork.
- Arrange travel accommodations and process/track reimbursements for PI, Initiative,and lab personnel; independently follow up to ensure all payments and reimbursements are received.
- Coordinate lab events and meetings. Manage faculty and lab scientist recruitment as well as speaker visits.
- Independently plan and execute office duties.
These include but are not limited to: written correspondence such as emails, website updates, invitation letters,memos, and meeting agendas,telephone communications, establishing and maintaining calendars, and other duties as needed.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment,able to independently prioritize tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three years computer experience including MS Office, and website management
- Works independently and with great initiative to ensure effective and timely completion of tasks.
To Apply: Email cover letter, resume, including the job title in the subject lineto:email@example.com
Requisition Number 401487577
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 1492 ADMINISTRATIVE COORD
Job Family Level 12
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a general business background generally equivalent to abachelor's degree in a business related field.
Work requires 2 years related business or administrative experience tobecome familiar with general personnel practices, accounting andbudgeting principles and coordination of major office activities.A master's degree in a business related field may be substituted for 2years experience.OR ANY OTHER EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OREXPERIENCE.
Auto req ID