Staff Assistant, Student Affairs Administration
OVP - Administration
Official Job Title: Staff Assistant
Job Code/Level/Family: 0148 / 08 /06
Departments: Resource Administration/Office of the Vice President
Supervisors:Executive Director, Strategic Operations, Resource Administration, Admin Asst to the Vice President, Office of the Vice President
Position Status: Full-time, Regular, Nonexempt
Staff Supervision: undergraduate and graduate student employees (10-12)
Schedule Note: 7:45 am – 4:45 pm, Mon-Fri
Scope of Responsibilities
Oversees front desk operations for the Office of the Vice President including recruitment, training, and scheduling of student employees. Monitors quality of client services providing feedback and additional training as needed. Processes student payroll and approves time for student employees. Delivers primary client services as needed.
Provides administrative support for Resource Administration directors within Student Affairs and assists support activities related to marketing and communications efforts for the Division of Student Affairs.
- Oversee daily operations of the “front desk” in the Office of the Vice President. Recruit, train and supervise student employees. Monitor quality of client services and provide feedback and additional training as needed. Develop and monitor student schedules to ensure coverage, handle schedule changes, review and approve submitted time reports. Proactively assist with challenging phone calls and visitors and refer to other resources as appropriate. Provide primary client service support when students are busy with other clients and/or otherwise not available.
- Assist with website change requests including creation and editing of both text and image content. Maintain division social media accounts and division’s image archive.
Two years of post-secondary education and three years of related work experience. Strongly prefer Bachelor’s degree and additional relevant work experience.
Desired Job-Specific Skills, Behaviors and Competencies
- Customer service skills including listening, empathy, positivity, patience, clarity in communications, and willingness to improve
- Supervisory skills and experience and/or interest in working with student employees
- Organizational skills including multitasking, effectively managing multiple priorities and deadlines, and completing tasks thoroughly and accurately
- Interpersonal skills that support others, foster trust, and respect the identities, views and choices of others
- Understanding of website content management systems, specifically Drupal and Wordpress
- Working knowledge of image creation and manipulation using Adobe Creative Suites.
Requisition Number 401487574
Duke Entity UNIVERSITY
Job Code 148 STAFF ASST
Job Family Level 08
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a broad knowledge of clerical and accounting principles and practices normally acquired through two years of post-secondaryeducation in secretarial science or a related business field.
Work generally requires three years of related secretarial/clerical experience to acquire skills necessary to administer complex office functions related to office management, communications, and budgetary/accounting activities. OR and equivalent combination ofeducation and relevant experience.
Auto req ID