Creative Services Manager
Corporate Marketing & Comms
Salary: £40,792 to £48,677 Per Annum
Post Type: Permanent, Full Time
Advert Placed: Thursday 06 September 2018
Closing Date: Thursday 20 September 2018
Interview Date: To be confirmed
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to work in the Higher Education sector alongside other talented Corporate Marketing & Communications professionals. The post-holder will be a senior member of the department, with experience of managing a team, and be responsible for all creative outputs of the university’s in-house agency.
This role will:
- Be accountable for managing the Creative team to generate high quality materials that excite, attract and engage the University's key audiences. These outputs need to be delivered on time, on brief, on brand and with the appropriate high standards of quality control and customer service.
- They will in effect run the university’s in-house agency taking briefs, assessing requirements, project scope, managing workflows and working collaboratively with customers and the team to assess whether briefs fit within our priorities and can be resourced.
- They also will manage the relationship with any approved suppliers who can be brought in to flex the team resource in peak work times.
- They will provide ongoing direction on the use of the brand tone-of-voice and content toolkit across the University, helping other departments to understand and relate to the new brand position and how they can use this to both engage more effectively with key audiences and reinforce the brand footprint at customer touchpoints.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of managing and developing a creative traffic management operation – and be a highly organised individual who enjoys complex problems and multi-tasking.
- Be a skilled relationship manager who has excellent communication skills and is committed to delivering first-class customer service to multiple stakeholders.
- Have a thorough understanding of design, content, film production and digital disciplines to best apply project management support.
- Have a strong eye for detail and time management.
- Be confident, resourceful and self-motivated with experience of managing a busy creative studio and project management teams in order to drive efficiency.
- Be pragmatic in their approach and able to maintain a sense of humour.
The University of Surrey is amongst the highest achieving universities in the United Kingdom, having been awarded the Times/ Sunday Times University of the Year Award for 2016. We are ranked 10th in The Times Higher Education Table of Tables for UK universities in 2017, and we are the recipient of four Queen’s Anniversary Prizes.
In addition to a competitive salary you will receive 32 days annual leave/closure days and a great benefits package including pension and discounted membership to our world-renowned Surrey Sports Park.