Research Fellow, Centre for Research in Ethnic Minority Entrepreneurship
Aston Business School
Salary: £33,199 to £48,677 per annum
Grade 8 or 9
Contract Type: Continuing
Basis: Full Time
Closing Date: 23.59 hours BST on Saturday 06 October 2018
Interview Date: To be confirmed
The post will be located in Centre for Research in Ethnic Minority Entrepreneurship (CREME). CREME is the leading Centre of its kind; it is committed to the production and promotion of knowledge that is useful to academic and practitioner communities. CREME is a leading to contributor to academic and policy debates on ethnic minority entrepreneurship. It is at the forefront of new developments in the field, many of which have been instrumental in stimulating practitioner activities.
The candidates should be a post-graduate a good first degree in a relevant subject AND have a doctorate in a relevant academic discipline, such as social science, business or entrepreneurship with experience of research in migrant and ethnic minority businesses and/or entrepreneurship and enterprise policy
The main duties will be to:
- Work with the Director of CREME on projects relating to ethnic minority entrepreneurship and/or enterprise policy.
- Develop research objectives, projects and proposals for research programmes consistent with the Centre’s research strategy and priorities, assisting in all aspects of research and policy development, including preparation of proposals, literature reviews, fieldwork and report-writing.
- Present the results of the work at project meetings, seminars and conferences.
- Work closely with staff within CREME.
- Analyse and present data in both a clear and concise manner that is visually appealing.
- Build and develop links with industry and the professions and to secure research funds from external sources.
- Supervise and manage research projects.
- Supervise postgraduate students at Masters and doctoral levels.
- Foster an environment which encourages research among students at postgraduate level.
The successful candidate should also have excellent analytical skills, and have the ability to design and conduct academic and policy research in ethnic minority enterprise/ entrepreneurship.
This role is being advertised in conjunction with the Research Fellow (CREME) role, if you would like to be considered for both roles please submit separate applications.
For further information about the vacancy please email Professor Monder Ram email@example.com.