Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Section Head
Department Name Information Technology Services
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is under pinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
Information Technology Services delivers world class IT services to enable Qatar University to be a model national university that offers a high quality, learning-centered education
Information Technology Services is committed to collaborate with the Qatar University community to provide excellent information products and services. Our IT support shall enable the university to up hold its high standards in teaching,learning and outreach.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Section Head has hands-on as well as management and leadership experience in architecting a data warehouse. Dedicated, passionate about work and know how to generate interest and support for projects among executive management.
- Leading and managing Enterprise Data Warehouse - EDW.
- Working closely with project teams to ensure delivered changes are in line with enterprise practices of data warehousing and industry standards.
- Partnering with other business units to streamline how solutions within the EDW can be enhanced to add business value.
- Partnering with other business units to develop and deliver business intelligence operational capability that delivers value driven reporting and insight in conjunction with strategic support unit.
- Remaining current on key technologies, business and industry trends as it applies to the EDW environments.
- Support in the implementation of the operational plan for the Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Section in line with the departmental strategy.
- Help in identifying business reporting and analysis requirements and facilitate translation into them into relevant data extracts from the external sources of information.
- Apply ethical and robust techniques in the transformation of data from source systems to BI environment, in line with QU policies and procedures and being sensitive to risks around the use of information.
- Specify and apply appropriate analytical techniques to create information which supports business decision-making. Format and communicate results using any visualization methods that are appropriate to the target audience and conforming to agreed standards.
- Provide coordination and support of the freezing (snapshot) of data either in the Operational Data Store (ODS) or Data Warehouse (DW) at certain points in time.
- Design and maintain the Enterprise Data Warehouse (DW).
- Design and maintain the Operational Data Store (ODS).
- Responsible for the Business Intelligence (BI) reporting software’s development, maintenance, and accessibility.
- Ensure the availability and performance of the business intelligence (BI) environment and provide technical support.
- Manage the Extract-Transform-Load (ETL), Operational Data Store (ODS), Data Warehouse (DW) and Business Intelligence (BI) changes throughout their complete System Development Life Cycle.
- Abide by all QU rules and regulations, in particular the IT policies and procedures.
- Perform other tasks and duties that may be occasionally required in order to meet the requirements of the role and the aims of the University.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- A certification in a relevant discipline from an accredited institution is a plus.
- English is required
- Arabic is preferred
- 5+ years’ experience creating and implementing data warehousing and Business Intelligence platforms and maintaining same.
- Experience with BI technologies & tools (ODS, IBM Cognos , oracle BI or similar) is required.
- Ability to identify KPIs and key metrics and deliver the information to decision makers in a meaningful format.
- Experience with data integration from multiple different systems.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical people.
- Logistics experience a plus.
- Oracle experience a Plus.
- Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant:Please login in QU Recruitment Online website ( https://careers.qu.edu.qa ) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website( https://careers.qu.edu.qa ) and complete yourpersonal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Job Category Academic
End Date of Advertisement 15-Nov-2018