Dean of School of Science and Engineering
Dean of School of Science and Engineering
The University of Kurdistan Hewlêr is a leading and modern University in the Kurdistan Region – Iraq and at an exciting stage in its development. The School of Science and Engineering (SSE) is making significant investment in new academic positions to support its strategic development within the next five years to enable the University and the School to be a key player in Science and Engineering locally, nationally and internationally.
The Dean is a member of the University Executive Management Board, led by the Vice Chancellor, and will coordinate the administration of academic programmes offered within the School of Science and Engineering at the University of Kurdistan Hewlêr, in a manner that facilitates and maintains the highest standards of education for students in accordance with the mission, core values, and goals of the University.
Vacancy Title: Dean of School of Science and Engineering
Vacancies Available: One
School: Science and Engineering (SSE)
Job Family: Academic
Type of Contract: FTE 1.0
Hours of Work: 40 Hours/Week (Normally 08:30 AM – 4:30 PM, Sunday – Thursday)
Place of Work: University of Kurdistan Hewlêr
Reporting to: Vice Chancellor
Appointment Duration: Initially for 3 Years (subject to renewal depending on needs, performance and mutual agreement)
Application Deadline: Application is open until the position is filled
Probationary Period: 12 Months
JD Version: 150218
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Dean of SSE, in consultation with the line manager, will:
- Act as the academic leader of the School; responsible for its day-to-day operations.
- Oversee the management of academic and professional programmes within the School and monitor students’ academic progress.
- Line manage the Chair of departments within the School.
- Oversee the grading, reporting of standards and the other methods used by faculty members in measuring students’ achievements.
- Support the appointment of highly qualified Chair of departments and faculty staff; ensure their professional success, and maximize their ability to contribute to the School.
- Communicate academic policies, standards and expectations to the Chair of departments and faculty members.
- Coordinate the assessment and development of academic programmes within the School.
- Conduct probationary interviews and performance appraisal procedures as notified by HR.
- Empower faculty and staff members to achieve performance goals and objectives.
- Serve as a consultant to faculty members in matters of classroom management, teaching methods, and general School academic and administrative procedures.
- Prepare and revise academic and professional programme plans for the School.
- Create and maintain a high quality, productive and supportive educational environment for students.
- Maintain good working relationships with staff members in all academic and non-academic areas.
- Maintain effective communication between students, faculty and Chairs within and out of the School.
- Demonstrate a high level of personal and professional commitment and development.
- Promote the involvement of the School with the community for academic, research and consultancy purposes.
- Participate in academic activities on or off campus and act as a team leader for the School faculty and administrative members as well as students.
- Develop and implement the School’s strategic plans consistent with the University plans.
- Conduct regular meetings with faculty members and department Chairs, which will stimulate exchange of ideas on issues of educational interest and concern.
- Coordinate and be responsible for staff requirement within the School and devolved budget.
- Coordinate School’s external collaborations.
- Develop strategies for income generation and securing research grants for the School.
- Ensure all the programmes within the School are validated and/or accredited by internationally recognised institutions.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties commensurate with the nature of the post and as requested by the line manager.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested applicants are requested to email their Application Form, CV, and Personal Statement to email@example.com by indicating the Vacancy Title: Dean of School of Science and Engineering and inserting the most recent passport size photo in the area provided on the application form.
- Only complete applications: Application Form (with the most recent photo), Personal Statement and CV will be considered.
- Size of the photo must be 45mm x 35mm with no less than 150 pixels for the quality.
- Any application that does not specify the vacancy applied for will not be considered.
- An Application Form is available at Current Vacancies on the University website (http://www.ukh.edu.krd).
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Apply for Dean of School of Science and Engineering
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly