Instructor/Assistant Lecturer/Lecturer/ Professor/Assistant/Associate in Healthcare Administration
Instructor/Assistant Lecturer/Lecturer/Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor in Healthcare Administration
The School of Medical Sciences (SMS) is making significant investment in new academic positions to support its strategic development within the next five years to enable the School to be a key player in Medical Sciences both nationally and internationally. The School of Medical Sciences will be a model for excellence and innovation in medical education.
The Instructor/Assistant Lecturer/Lecturer/Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor in Healthcare Administration will contribute to the success and growth of the School, especially in the areas of specialisation.
VACANCY TITLE: Instructor/Assistant Lecturer/Lecturer/Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor in Healthcare Administration
VACANCIES AVAILABLE: One
SCHOOL: Medical Sciences (SMS)
JOB FAMILY: Academic
TYPE OF CONTRACT: FTE 1.0
HOURS OF WORK: 40 Hours/Week (Normally 08:30 AM – 4:30 PM, Sunday – Thursday)
PLACE OF WORK: University of Kurdistan Hewlêr – School of Medical Sciences
REPORTING TO: Dean of the School
APPOINTMENT DURATION: 2 Years
PROBATION: 6 Months
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Application is open until the position is filled
JD VERSION: 220518-2
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Instructor/Assistant Lecturer/Lecturer/Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor in Healthcare Administration will:
- Plan, develop, and deliver Undergraduate and Postgraduate modules in areas relating to Medical Sciences, especially (but not limited to) Healthcare Administration.
- Assess students and stimulate them to have the opportunity to be engaged and challenged.
- Design appropriate assessment methods and ensure established standards are maintained and timescales adhered to.
- Provide constructive and timely feedback to students and other stakeholders and advise on areas of concern and suggest improvement.
- Supervise Undergraduate and Postgraduate dissertations and/or projects relating to Medical Sciences, especially in the areas of specialisation.
- Carry out research and scholarly activities in Medical Sciences, especially in the areas of specialisation.
- Ensure research outcomes are relevant and applicable to key areas of teaching and benefit the students, University and the Kurdistan Region.
- Contribute, where appropriate, to knowledge transfer, income generation and consultancy activities of the University.
- Develop new, and revise existing, Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes and modules to reflect latest developments in the subject areas.
- Communicate effectively with other Schools/Departments/Units within the University, and other relevant external institutions.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with industries, academics, research centres, and/or government institutions.
- Provide support, counselling and tutorials to students.
- Work co-operatively with academic colleagues as a member of teaching and research teams.
- Create a positive image of the University by being responsive and promptly responding to requests and enquiries.
- Develop syllabuses and learning materials as appropriate and in accordance with University quality enhancement policy and processes, professional body requirements and with the aim of creating interest and learning amongst students.
- Participate in the daily life of the School by being involved in different pedagogic tasks and creating synergy between teaching, research and learning.
- Contribute to the management tasks in the School if required.
- Collaborate with colleagues and others in relation to student recruitment and marketing initiatives.
- Participate in meetings, activities, and boards.
- Assist the Dean of the School in developing internal and external communities that promote the major field of study and the University.
- Receive, understand and convey complex conceptual ideas or complex information.
a) Giving a presentation to a group with diverse levels of understanding on a subject (e.g. Lectures, conference paper);
b) Presenting academic papers at workshops (internally or externally) or conferences;
c) Contributing to research group discussions regarding analysis of research, discussions with team members regarding scientific issues and problem solving;
d) Writing journal articles and material for publications;
e) Writing complex reports, letters or other documents dealing with complex, contentious and sensitive situations (e.g. writing a project plan for a committee, writing reports to grant awarding bodies on progress of research projects, preparing written analysis of research data);
f) Writing research grant applications.
- Contribute to the School’s co-ordination of programmes/modules through, for example, Module Co-ordinator responsibilities and/or to the management and administration of programmes.
- Support the School in achieving consistency of performance by being an effective team member contributing to appropriate committees as part of the programme and quality assurance and enhancement processes.
- Plan, prioritise and organise own work or resources to achieve agreed objectives.
- Monitor progress against agreed action plans.
- Contribute to the planning of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) activity in an appropriate area and all related aspects.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties commensurate with the nature of the post and as requested by the line manager. The Dean can dedicate the position holder to participate in administrative posts beside the scientific activities.
- Fluency in English Language - Reading, Writing and Speaking (ability to teach in English).
- A recognized Teaching Certificate at the university level.
- A strong knowledge of subject areas combined with a broad subject background and ability to contribute to teaching modules in areas of Healthcare Administration.
- The ability to teach across programmes, curricula and to deliver specialist options and to supervise dissertations and project works.
- Interpersonal, planning and organisational skills.
- The ability to effect change in a positive way.
- A good team player with the ability to work harmoniously with colleagues and students of all cultures and backgrounds.
- Commitment to high quality teaching and fostering a positive learning environment for students.
- Commitment to continuous professional development, academic research and income generation.
- A consistent record of teaching feedback in Healthcare Administration and/or in the relevant areas of specialisation.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested applicants are requested to email their Application Form, CV, and Personal Statement to firstname.lastname@example.org by indicating the specific Vacancy Title: Instructor/Assistant Lecturer/Lecturer/Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor in Healthcare Administration, and inserting the most recent passport size photo in the area provided on the application form.
- Only complete applications: Application Form (with the most recent photo), Personal Statement and CV will be considered.
- Size of the photo must be 45mm x 35mm with no less than 150 pixels for the quality.
- Any application that does not specify the vacancy applied for will not be considered.
- An Application Form is available at ‘Vacancies’ on the University website (http://www.ukh.edu.krd).
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Apply for Instructor/Assistant Lecturer/Lecturer/ Professor/Assistant/Associate in Healthcare Administration
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly