Electronic Imaging Tech, Evening/Weekend
RADIOLOGY - FILM LIBRARY(N)
THIS IS A 2ND SHIFT /WEEKEND OPTION POSITION - 10/HR SHFITS
With the use of PACS (Picture Archiving and Communication System), the Electronic Imaging Technician (EIT) will support physicians, technologists and other medical staff in the acquisition and distribution of digital patient records in Duke University Health System (DUHS). The EIT works in conjunction with the PACS and Radiology Informatics Team to ensure the maintenance and integrity of the patient's Radiology records.
- Access reports, images and other patient data via Maestro Care/PACS and other DUHS applications.
- Utilize imaging equipment and established procedures to create CDs/DVDs for customers.
- Utilize designated equipment and established procedures to import and export image data on CD/DVD,
- Powershare and other media.
- Operate the Digital Media Creator (DMC) equipment to create CD or DVD, containing imaging studies in DICOM format at the request of patients, providers, hospitals and other entities.
- Fill requests for DUHS images by pushing DICOM images from PACS to Powershare.
- Push images received in Powershare to PACS in order to fulfill the MaestroCare physician order.
- Using the Maestro Care Image Library Status Report to process orders from providers to store images in PACS.
- Digitize images stored on plain film utilizing Digitizer.
- Transfer images, either the entire study or specifically requested series to designated DICOM destinations.
- Identify unspecified exams
- Obtain signed patient authorization to release medical information as required by DUHS policy.
- Must be able to communicate in a professional manner both through written and spoken means.
- Daily work requires answering phones, using email to send and receive signed documents and handling faxed requests.
- Functions performed by this position have a direct impact on patient safety and the timeliness of patient care.
- In all aspects of the job, the candidate must pay close attention to detail and perform with high accuracy consistently in a high volume area, all while strictly adhering to Federal and State regulations and DUHS policy.
- This position routinely coordinates with outpatient clinics, inpatient units, Emergency Department, and surgeons both internal to DUHS and external to DUHS.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all DUHS employees including physicians, nurses, technologists, patient service associates and administrative professionals.
- Performs other tasks related to the operation and monitoring of radiology clinical and administrative information systems. Troubleshoot problems with image quality and equipment malfunction and submit timely and effective Service Now Requests. Display a helpful and professional attitude when helping patients, DUHS staff and coworkers.
- Highly developed customer service skills are required in order to meet patient needs and internal customer expectations.
- Utilize Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, MaestroCare, PACS, and Powershare to complete daily logs, correspond with attorneys, physicians, patients and other staff members.
- Capable of retrieving studies from various media for downtime situations or upon request from clients.
- Responsible for established quality assurance procedures for imported and exported image data.
- Maintains auditing and tracking tools established for the file room.
- Updates patient demographics Merge images to studies, and updates order information when defined as part of established procedures or import/export of images data (outside interpretation workflow), as required and requested by EICs, technologists, and radiologists.
- Use Excel spreadsheets for undictated reports and unread worklists for department.
- As team lead manage time cards; participate in the review and hiring process.
- Run the query in PACS for unread and unspecified, requiring basic Excel knowledge.
- Develop documentation, tracking tools, and training materials for Image Library.
- Respond to requests for images and reports related to legal cases.
- Communicate professionally and timely in written and oral communication, with attorneys, judges and social workers.
Requisition Number 401484319
Duke Entity DUKE HOSPITAL
Job Code 4263 ELECTRONIC IMAGING TECH
Job Family Level C1
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED. Associates Degree preferred.
One year of experience in health care or PACS support or Radiology or Customer Service related field.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
North Carolina Driver's License
Auto req ID