MLPN, Fertility Clinic
Performs a variety of routine nonprofessional nursing and patient care supportive duties in a Health System medical practice to assist medical and/or nursing staffing the examination and treatment of patients and ensure office runs smoothly.
- Greet patients
- Update and file patient medical records
- Arrange for laboratory services
- Clinic Duties may include but not limited to the following: Assist medical and nursing staff in a variety of tasks
- Taking medical histories and recording vital signs
- Preparing patients for examinations and procedures
- Assisting the physician during the examination and procedures
- Collect and prepare laboratory specimens
- Document and communicate pertinent information using computer and/or paper documentation tools
- Sterilize medical instruments. Promote patient/family understanding of the educational content and his/her involvement in the plan of care, and document in patient record.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Good customer service skills
- Medical terminology
- Ability to independently seek out resources and work collaboratively
- Working knowledge of sterile techniques and special procedures that are applicable to work performed.
- Work requires the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions generally acquired through a high school education and medical assistant programming.
- Working knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering routine and special treatments to patients.
- Working knowledge of sanitation, personal hygiene and basic health and safety precautions applicable for work in a clinic setting. Working knowledge of infection control procedures and safety precautions
- Perform other clinical functions as delegated and supervised by the physicians and nursing staff.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
Work requires graduation from an accredited Licensed Practical Nurse program and successful completion of an approved Pharmacology program.
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification
Current State of North Carolina LPN licensure is required
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
No experience required.
- Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills &cooperation.
- Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must travel between locations on needed basis.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands &priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
- Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
- Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull 35 lbs.
- Must be able to carry 35 lbs.
- Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.
Requisition Number 401486532
Duke Entity PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
Job Code 4521 MLPN
Job Family Level C2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Work requires graduation from an accredited Licensed Practical Nurseprogram and successful completion of an approved Pharmacology program.
No experience required.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Auto req ID