Appointment Coordinator, Duke Primary Care Call Center
Duke Primary Care Call Center
**This position is Part Time- 20hrs per week**
Coordinate and perform a variety of duties associated with appointment scheduling for clinic visits, studies and procedures. Typically servesas the first point at which a patient is registered into Duke Health System.
- Review and coordinate appointment requests, determine appropriate services, physician and appropriateness of setting.
- Identify correct patient in Maestro Care, verify patient demographic and insurance data.
- Notify patients of co-payment requirements and outstanding balances.
- Coordinate labs and procedures in accordance with physician preferences.
- Notify patients of testing date, time and location.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Basic PC and data entry skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and telephone etiquette.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work, provide oral and written instructions, interact tactfully with customers and establish and maintain effective relationships with others.
- Must be able to apply specific departmental policies rules and regulations relating to verifying patient information, collecting payments and maintaining records and forms.
Requisition Number 401416156
Duke Entity DUKE PRIMARY CARE
Job Code 4554 APPOINTMENT COORDINATOR
Job Family Level B2
Full Time / Part Time PART TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Minimum of one year of work experience in directly communicating and providing service to patients or public; preferably in a healthcare related field. Experience in effectively coordinating multiple tasks or activities.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Work requires knowledge of basic grammar and mathematical principles normally acquired through high school education
Auto req ID