Staff Assistant, Anesthesiology
- Admin support for 21 providers
- Process faculty procurement and out-of-pocket charges and reconcile with bank statements. (Duke@Work)
- Process invoices and travel reimbursement charges, per Business Office guidelines, for faculty and fellows.
- CME Administrator – schedule speakers, enter all conferences in ETHOS, ensure accuracy of data, provide registration code to speakers and attendees, resolve attendance issues. Maintain a ‘reminder’ calendar in Outlook for all CME events and journal clubs.
- Maintain organized files for each practitioner to include current DEA certificate and medical license.
- Assist providers through reaccreditation process as needed.
- Obtain complete information on incoming calls and route calls or messages to appropriate clinical staff area (appointment center, clinic, provider) in a timely fashion.
- Process paperwork and follow guidelines for the medical/legal billing process and manage flow of funds.
- Distribute mail to faculty and staff.
- Order all office supplies and coffee.
- Coordinate all meeting requests, both those organized by the Pain group and requests for meetings from other groups in and out of Duke.
- Process paperwork for all Visiting Observers
Clinic Operations Support:
- Schedule / reschedule patient appointments when providers must cancel clinic time less than 30 days out or as requested for special cases by a provider.
- Point of contact for no-show/cancelled appointment violators and for patients who need a sooner appointment.
- Mail out prescriptions to patients and provide nursing staff with prescription log
- Manage all Time Away requests by obtaining necessary approvals, entering in QGenda; block/close schedules in EPIC.
- Schedule Dr. Prakken’s new patients and internal referrals under Supervision of the Program Coordinator.
- Maintain wait lists for patients to be seen.
- Make sure changes are reflected in MaestroCare and follow up with clinic staff and scheduling hub if changes are not made.
- Make sure all patients are bumped in a timely fashion.
- Review schedules one week in advance to identify cancellations and potential scheduling errors. Fill cancellations or gaps in schedules.
- Route high volume of phone calls (patients, referrals, internal , and inbasket).
- Facilitate medical record requests from outside practices.
- Facilitate outside referral review process
- Scanning medical records into Maestro Care
- Assist in the needs of new hires, interns, medical students on rotation (computer, building access, badge, etc.)
- Perform on-boarding tasks for new faculty and providers
- Make copies of resident handbooks for medical students on rotation
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified
Requisition Number 401484170
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 476 STAFF ASST
Job Family Level 09
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/o rmental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a broad knowledge of clerical and accounting principles and practices normally acquired through two years of post-secondary education in secretarial science or a related business field.
Work generally requires four years of related secretarial/clericalexperience to acquire skills necessary to administer complex officefunctions related to office management, communications, andbudgetary/accounting activities.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID