Head of Scotland Apprenticeships
4 days left
- Full Time
Location : Glasgow
Closing Date : 28/09/2018
Salary : Competitive
Employment Type : Permanent
Department : Professional Apprenticeships
As the Head of Scotland Apprenticeships, you will ensure all programmes under the responsibility of BPP Scotland are of high quality and sufficiently resourced, operationalised and supported to provide an exceptional learning experience. This will be measured by success rates, SDS grading, client and apprentice satisfaction as well as growth in programmes and apprentice numbers year on year. Additionally, you will be accountable for contract management of Skills Development Scotland (SDS) and school compliance to SDS regulations.
PRINCIPAL JOB ELEMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Financial and KPI Management
- Work with Head of Apprenticeship School to create a suitable BPP Scotland budget reflecting BPP companywide targets.
- Manage resourcing, operations and delivery in accordance with agreed budget
- Report monthly on variances and reforecast on a rolling basis.
- Overall responsibility for driving, reporting and monitoring BPP Scotland KPIs (success rates), feedback and high programme quality.
- Manage BPP Scotland to understand, plan for and achieve funding milestones (including completions) in order to ensure regular cash flow on a monthly basis
Staffing and People Management
- Create an appropriate resourcing and capacity management model and manage the staffing required to deliver BPP Scotland programmes across design, operations and performance support.
- Work with the team to recruit and train professionally competent design, delivery and support, operations and contract management staff.
- Formally line manage the Programme Administrator, Contract Manager, Skills Coach Performance Manager and other relevant members of staff to ensure effective guidance/goal setting are provided and subsequent management against objectives.
- Be the relationship builder with BPP Scotland clients where appropriate and support executive sponsors to provide strategic and or escalation support to clients where required.
- Work with the Key Clients team to ensure the level of service required is being delivered.
Onboarding and Operational Delivery
- Shape and embed the necessary end-to-end operational processes (including bespoke programme design, scheduling, course set up, onboarding, performance and support, gateway, EPA and IQA) required for all BPP Scotland programmes to ensure the apprentice experience prior to learning through to completion is a smooth as possible.
Contract Management and Compliance
- Ensure BPP Scotland is compliant with Skills Development Scotland regulations
- Develop a senior relationship with Skills Development Scotland and other funding/regulatory bodies associated with BPP Scotland
- Establish a robust and compliant internal quality assurance approach to safeguard excellent programme design, delivery and support
- Coordinate and produce successful tenders and growth requests for funding to be submitted to Skills Development Scotland
- Create self-assessment reports and quality improvement plans in line with Skills Development Scotland requirements
Skills, knowledge, qualifications required for role
- Detailed understanding of apprenticeships
- Experience in an apprenticeship skills development coach, operational or contract management capacity
- Track record of recruiting, developing and managing a strong team of loyal talented individuals
- Experience of working with corporate clients devising and implementing education and training, being able to adapt programmes or processes accordingly dependent on client needs.
- Experience of implementing end-to-end operational processes and delivering operational results with a strong cohesive team.
- Experience of preparing for and managing either programme quality or funding audits from external bodies
- Experience of managing a team to understand, plan to meet and achieve funding milestones on a monthly basis
- Detailed understanding of apprenticeships in Scotland and associated Skills Development Scotland regulations
- Excellent knowledge and experience of managing budgets, pipeline and revenue.
- Experience of writing bids for funding, self-assessment reports and quality improvement plans
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS and PVG Check.