Financial Management Analyst II, Duke Early Phase Research Unit
DUKE EARLY PHASE RESEARCH UNIT
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor budget expenditures and prepare written reports and analyses to management setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Prepare and coordinate distribution of various financial reports and analyses for senior management and external agencies to include financial analysis of individual unit operations.
- Maintain liaison with leadership, managers, and administrative staff in the preparation and analysis of financial reports, to provide information and to resolve problems concerning variances from approved budget.
- Study start up activities o include: budget negotiations with sponsors, liaison with contract agents, assuring finalization of budgets and contracts, hand offs to operational teams.
- Work with DCRI and DEPRU personnel to provide financial oversight of DEPRU operations including budget preparation/review, revenue forecasting, and monthly general ledger activity.
- Work with DCRI Finance personnel, DEPRU leadership, and DPERU functional group leaders to monitor project expenditures, identify potential efficiencies, and develop strategies to optimize the profitability of clinical research projects.
- Work with DCRI Finance personnel to provide reports to the DEPRU Faculty Leader, DEPRU Director of Operations, DCRI administration, and DEPRU functional group leaders regarding the financial performance of individual projects and overall DEPRU portfolio.
- Ensure that accurate information is provided to DCRI finance on a monthly basis to allow calculation of actual revenue to be recognized, generation of invoices, and payments to subcontractors.
- Provide DCRI Finance with revenue forecasts on a monthly basis for all active and pending projects.
- Manage financial transactions (procurement card expenses, experimental participant compensation, purchase requisitions, travel reimbursement, visit metrics, etc.).
- Ensure transactions are accurate, timely, and in accordance with Duke accounting and procurement policies.
Education BS/BS in Accounting, Business Admin or related field Experience 4 years financial management, cost accounting or directly related field Preferred Skills Solid working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint) Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing Strong business acumen Ability to analyze data and formulate conclusions Ability to create accurate spreadsheets and reports Understand financial processes and controls
Requisition Number 401483612
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 1807 FINANCIAL MGMT ANALYST II
Job Family Level 14
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or a related field. CPA is desirable.
Work requires four years experience in financial management, cost accounting or a field directly related to specialized area of assignment. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID