Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
This is a full time position responsible for making coffee drinks at the Red Door Café, as well as serving food, cleaning tables and any other duties related to the café.
- Prepare and serve espresso and other drinks
- Greet customers, ring up orders, and serve pastries and food
- Bus plates, cups, glasses, silverware, serving items, etc.
- Clear café at end of service
- Stock condiment station, keeping it clean and organized at all times; restock as needed
- Clean seating/service/work areas and equipment, keeping it organized at all times
- Maintain maximum standards of sanitation and safety
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Work cooperatively as a team member to assist production staff as needed
- Provide great customer service on a day to day basis
- Be a people person
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to speak English fluently and provide direction and guidance to other staff members
- Ability to take direction, remember duties and prioritize assignments
- Ability to work congenially and as a team with other staff members, student staff and customers
- Ability to carry a minimum of 50 lbs.
- The selected candidates must pass a pre-employment background investigation and post-offer physical examination to be hired for this position
- Selected candidate must maintain attendance and arrive on time for all shifts
- Must possess a ServSafe certification or ability to obtain one by the time of hire
- Experience in the food service industry
- Experience as barista
- Positive role model for students