Postdoctoral Researcher in Dynamic Risk Analysis for Process Industry
The Faculty of Engineering Science (http://www.ntnu.edu/iv) at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) has a vacancy for one Post-doctoral researcher position at the Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering (http://www.ntnu.edu/mtp).
Information about the department
The Post-doctoral researcher will be affiliated with the Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering (MTP), RAMS (Reliability, Availability, Maintenance, and Safety) group (http://www.ntnu.edu/ross/rams). The overall mission of the RAMS group is to contribute to safer, more productive and more sustainable industry, transport and society.
Recurring major accidents in industry have shown inadequate assessment of system risk due to lack of monitoring and motivated the development of innovative approaches for Dynamic Risk Analysis (DRA).
Today’s technologies from industry 4.0 allow for a major step forward within DRA. Sensor networks, cyber-physical systems, internet of things, cloud computing and machine learning are the most appealing solutions for collection and decision in monitoring applications.
The main goals of the Post-doctoral researcher will be defining appropriate approaches to exploit sensor data and machine learning for real-time risk evaluation and supervise students working on related topics.
Although the resulting methodologies will be general and might be applied to a wide range of application contexts, the project will focus on scenarios that are relevant for process industry.
The position is awarded for a period of 2 years.
The successful applicant should be enthusiastic and highly motivated as well as be able to work effectively by himself/herself and in a team. Specific qualifications are listed below:
- A PhD within safety or process engineering.
- Strong background in RAMS, dynamic risk assessment and management, and probabilistic methods in engineering.
- Previous peer-reviewed journal publications in respected risk analysis and process safety journals.
- Experience with machine learning techniques, such as Bayesian models.
- Experience from risk assessment application in fields other than process industry, such as critical infrastructures.
- Experience with security-related factors, for holistic risk view.
Conditions of appointment:
Postdoctoral candidates are remunerated in code 1352, and are normally remunerated at gross from NOK 515 200 per annum before tax. There will be a 2% deduction to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund from gross wage.
The appointment of the Postdoctoral fellows will be made according to Norwegian guidelines for universities and university colleges and to the general regulations regarding university employees.
Applications must contain information of educational background and work experience, reference person(s), CV, publications and other research works, certified copies of transcripts and reference letters. In addition a project description of 1-2 pages is desired.
Applications and attachments have to be submitted electronically through www.jobbnorge.no Applications submitted elsewhere will not be considered.
Mark the application with ref.no IV 232/18.
Anticipated commencement: Fall 2018, in agreement with the Department
Application deadline: 18 September
About this job
- Deadline Tuesday, September 18, 2018
- Employer NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Municipality Trondheim
- Place of service Institutt for maskinteknikk og produksjon
- Jobbnorge ID 157047
- Scope Fulltime
- Duration Temporary
- Applications on this job are registered in an electronic form on jobbnorge.no
- You must complete: Standard CV
- Please refer to where you first saw this job advertised!