North Duke Street Durham OBGYN
Perform routine administrative and patient care supportive duties in a Health System medical practice to assist medical staff in the examination and treatment of patients and ensure the office runs smoothly
- Performa variety of complex specialized tasks utilizing ultrasonic high frequency sound waves to detect abnormalities.
- Prepare patients for ultrasound procedures, explain procedure to patient. Report change in condition to medical staff. Provide an oral and written summary of preliminary findings to providers. Evaluate quality of sonograms. Determine if additional sonograms or ultrasound procedures are indicated.
- Enter appropriate charges in Maestro for US procedures
- Maintain log for patients requiring follow-up procedures. Initiate appointment scheduling as necessary for patients who do not return.
- Archive and de-archive ultrasound data
- Coordinate scheduling and patient flow for add-on ultrasounds.
- Assist in teach of ultrasound technology to new providers.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work therein.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of OB/GYN ultrasound procedures.
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent customer service skills.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
A two-year Allied Health degree and successful completion of a12-month CAAHEP approved School of Ultrasound Technology.
LICENSURE/ CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Must maintain ARDMS certification in OB-GYN ultrasound. BLS certification required.
- Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must be present on site for 9 hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills &cooperation.
- Must be flexible with work schedule according to business needs
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must travel between locations on needed basis.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands &priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
- Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
- Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be able to stand/walk for the majority of an 8 hour shift.
- Must be able to push/pull 25 lbs.
- Must be able to carry 25 lbs.
- Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.
Requisition Number 401485466
Duke Entity PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
Job Code 4163 SONOGRAPHER
Job Family Level F2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Graduate of a formal Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program that is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) is required.Bachelor of Science degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography isdesirable.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Auto req ID