Research Fellow in High Power Energy Storage
Department of Mechanical Engineering Sciences
Salary: £31,302 to £35,211 per annum plus benefits Fixed Term Contract until 31/03/2020
Post Type: Full Time
Advert Placed: Tuesday 04 September 2018
Closing Date: Sunday 16 September 2018
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Applications are invited for a research position RA1A with a start date soon after 1 October 2018 and duration of up to 18 months, within the EPSRC/ISCF-funded project on High Power Batteries. The work will involve experimental studies for the development and characterisation of high power batteries.
Requirements for this post are:
- A first degree in Engineering, Chemistry or Physics; and a PhD or an EngD or equivalent work experience in the areas of materials science and engineering or electrochemical devices.
- Experience in material functionalisation, material and nanomaterial processing, coating manufacturing, electrochemical device (battery, supercapacitor or hybrid) fabrication and electrochemical testing.
- Excellent experimental skills and experience in maintaining argon glovebox and carrying out experimental work in a glovebox.
- Microstructural material characterisation and physical material characterisation (e.g. using SEM); chemical characterisation (e.g. using FTIR and Raman techniques).
- Excellent record of publications of research papers in high reputation and high impact journals.
The post will be shared between two Departments at the University of Surrey: the Materials Group in the Department of Mechanical Engineering Sciences (prime investigator: Dr Tina Lekakou, email: C.Lekakou@surrey.ac.uk), and the Electrochemical Group in the Department of Chemistry (co-investigator: Professor Bob Slade, email: firstname.lastname@example.org) at a nominal ratio of 2:1, respectively.
For more information and to apply online, please download the further details and click on the 'apply online' button above.
We acknowledge, understand and embrace diversity.
More searches like this
- £30,001 - £40,000 Fixed Term Engineering & Technology Research Fellowships jobs in Guildford
- £30,001 - £40,000 Fixed Term Physical Sciences Research Fellowships jobs in Guildford
- £30,001 - £40,000 Fixed Term Electrical & Electronic Engineering Research Fellowships jobs in Guildford
- £30,001 - £40,000 Fixed Term Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Research Fellowships jobs in Guildford
- £30,001 - £40,000 Fixed Term Physics & Astronomy Research Fellowships jobs in Guildford