Postdoc Position, Environmental Toxicology Environmental Health
Deadline 4 Oct 2018
Start date by agreement
Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic invites excellent scientists to apply for POSTDOC POSITION in the field of Environmental Toxicology Environmental Health.
RECETOX, the research centre at the Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic, is focused on the research and education in cross-cutting area of Environment and Health, namely interactions among chemicals, the environment and biological systems, including environmental and health risk assessments, more about us at www.recetox.muni.cz.
The postdoctoral researcher will be involved in a project on the development of predictive and diagnostic methods for the characterization of the potential impact of internal and external exposure mixtures on human health and associated risks.
The research will focus namely on the ability of chemicals to disrupt endocrine regulation, which can be associated with numerous developmental, neuroendocrine and metabolic disorders. Characterization of the potential role of co-exposures to wide spectra of pollutants as risk factors in the development of these diseases will be complemented by diagnostic approaches on the level of biomarkers linking the mechanisms of action with health disorders. Advanced (bio)analytical methods and predictive models will be developed and implemented within this project. This research will be conducted in close relation to cohort epidemiological studies and the European Human Biomonitoring Platform.
The successful candidate should:
- be a researcher not more than 7 years after receiving the Ph.D. degree
- hold a doctoral degree in the area related to the research topic
- be a researcher who has worked at least two whole years in the last three outside the territory of the Czech Republic in the field of research with a working time of at least 0.5 full-time equivalents, or who has been Ph.D. student (or equivalent) abroad
- have a publishing record: in the last three years at least two publication outputs registered in the WoS, Scopus or ERIH PLUS databases and at the same time publications such as “articles”, “books”, “book chapters”, “letters” and “reviews”; must be also the principal author of at least one publication
- have experience in the field of Environmental Toxicology, Environmental Health Sciences, Ecotoxicology, Biochemistry or Environmental Chemistry
- have experience with research projects (an advantage)
- have excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate with multiple teams
- qualifying experience: good chemical analytical skills (namely liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry methods) or predictive modeling (QSAR, mixtures models)
- advantageous experience (any of the following): hormone analyses in biotic or environmental matrices, exposure or effect biomarkers analyses in human/animal samples, omics technologies, big data analysis and programming with R, effect-directed analysis, adverse outcome pathways, human cell-based assays, molecular docking
MU offers the opportunity to get:
- diverse and challenging work in excellent research in a dynamically expanding university area
- professional team and pleasant working environment
- interaction with leading scientists in an inspiring, internationalized environment
- welcome service for the successful candidate and his/her family
The application should include:
- CV including a summary of work experience, involvement in research grants, etc.
- Publication record, including summary according to the requirements
- Cover Letter
- Contact information of at least 3 references
The submission date is 04.10. 2018.
Please submit your application by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Informal inquiries can be sent via e-mail to the supervisor Assoc. Prof. Klára Hilscherová email@example.com.
A review of applications will run continuously as they are received. Short-listed candidates will be invited for the Skype/ personal interview.
Anticipated start date: upon agreement, the latest January 1, 2019.
Further information about:
- Postdoc research topic, institute and position: Assoc. Prof. Klara Hilscherova, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Masaryk University is available at www.muni.cz/en
- Brno is available at http://www2.brno.cz/index.php?lan=en&nav01=20608&nav02=20617
- RECETOX is available www.recetox.muni.cz