IT Business Analyst, Library Systems and Integration Support
IT Business Analyst, Library Systems and Integration Support
The Library Systems and Integration Support Analyst will work within an applications management team that provides support and integrations for the Library Services Platform (LSP) and other applications.
As a member of the Library Systems and Integration Support team, this position collaborates with Information Technology Services (ITS) and other library staff in support of library applications, services, and systems in accordance with departmental and university specifications. 3 positions available
- Serves as a liaison between functional stakeholders and the technical team delivering or developing the system solution, working under guidance of a project manager.
- Understands the functional requirements of each context, translate the functional requirements into technical documentation, and present them to the technical team for implementation. Conversely, translates technical constraints and limitations back to the functional teams for adaptation or reconfiguration of workflows that are required to meet operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Develops user acceptance test cases mapped back to functional requirements to validate solution against functional requirements. Assists in coordinating user acceptance testing and other activities preceding go-live.
- Accounts for the custom scripts and integrations for the current integrated library system (Aleph), and become familiar with the data, configurations, and integrations currently in place in order to account for them in future migrations into library service platforms.
- Works with staff across the Duke University Libraries, the Professional School Libraries, and Duke Kunshan University Library to find and document common workflows, practices, and configurations, or recommend business process changes where needed to match best practices or simplify the complexity.
- Collaborates closely with the departments of the Digital Strategy and Technologies division on shared activities where needed.
- Maintains current awareness of trends, issues, and emerging technology projects relative to information technology and supported applications within the Duke University Libraries, across the University, and in industry.
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
It is the expectation that all Duke University Libraries staff members will demonstrate exceptional workplace behaviors in the execution of their specific position responsibilities. These behaviors are customer focus, collaboration, creative problem solving, continuous learning and a commitment to diversity.
Required: Bachelor’s degree, or associates degree and equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred: Master’s degree in Information Science, Computer Science, Library Science, or a related field.
- Two years of experience as a business analyst or in automation or enterprise application administration
- Ability to analyze technical requirements and translate them in to automated ETL workflows in a data warehouse environment
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new tools based on conceptual understanding of technology
- Demonstrated ability to write documentation that explains complex technical concepts.
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage a complex workload, prioritize tasks, and use good judgment in providing services based on goals with minimum supervision and to move quickly across changing priorities
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work with and build collaborative working relationships with a variety of people having varying degrees of technical knowledge in a dynamic and complex environment
- Prior experience working in an academic research library
- Experience as a team member in a full scale implementation of an IT system including all phases such as blueprinting, gap analysis, system design, configuration, testing, training, and go-live support
- 3 years IT analyst experience
- Experience working in a technical environment and communicating with developers, formulating requirements, and performing acceptance testing
- Must be able to work in an environment in which exposure to materials containing dust and mold is possible
- Normal office environment
- Occasional weekend and evening work required
- Occasional travel required
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Salary and Benefits
Salary dependent on qualifications and experience. Comprehensive benefits package includes 15 days vacation, 13 holidays, 12 days sick leave; health, dental, disability and life insurance and support for professional development and training.
Duke offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes both traditional benefits such as health insurance, leave time and retirement, as well as wide ranging work/life and cultural benefits. Details can be found at: http://www.hr.duke.edu/benefits/index.php.
An electronic resume, cover letter, and list of 3 references should be submitted at https://hr.duke.edu/careers/apply - refer to Requisition # 401483254. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Applications which are missing any of the components listed above will not be reviewed.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual’s age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status. The Duke University Libraries have a strong commitment to Affirmative Action and is actively seeking to increase the racial and ethnic diversity of our staff.
Requisition Number 401483254
Duke Entity UNIVERSITY
Job Code 2404 BUSINESS ANALYST, IT
Job Family Level C
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
Two years of experience as a business analyst or requirements analyst.IT-related experience preferred.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID