Senior Research Fellow in Behavioural Science

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Grade 8 - £38,833 to £49,149 per annum dependent on experience (fixed term until 31/07/19)
04 Sep 2018
End of advertisement period
23 Sep 2018
Academic Discipline
Social Sciences, Psychology
Contract Type
Fixed Term
Full Time

Social Sciences And Humanities

Grade 8 - £38,833 to £49,149 per annum dependent on experience (fixed term until 31/07/19)

It is an exciting time in the department as we are about to launch our new Centre for Behavioural Science and Applied Psychology (CeBSAP). We have a long-standing record of academic excellence and success and we are committed to building on this record. We have a strong research leads team who have developed a departmental research strategy that ensures that staff across the department have the best opportunities to develop as researchers.

This role has been created to contribute to the work of the new Behavioural Science Consortium, providing behavioural insights to government and the public sector as a supplier on the CCS Behavioural Insights Framework. As a Senior Research Fellow you will be responsible for securing and leading research and knowledge transfer projects and also working with colleagues as part of a team on projects in the fields of behavioural science or social policy, in support of the departmental Research Excellence Framework (REF) strategy.

You must have be an expert in behavioural science and/or health psychology with an external profile and be able to contribute to the Faculty and wider academic community in the specialist field. Significant experience in publication, significant experience of undertaking research in behavioural science/behavioural change and experience of leading and motivating others is essential. You must also have doctorate in relevant subject area or extensive research knowledge transfer experience.

We particularly welcome applicants from underrepresented groups

For non-EU applicants, we are unlikely to be able to offer a certificate of sponsorship for this job (unless you are switching from a UK student visa), so you should only apply if you already have unrestricted permission to work in the UK.