Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Creative Technologies
5 days left
- Full Time
- Committed to interdisciplinary collaboration within our Creative Technologies fields?
- Join AUT - one of the top 30 millennial universities in the world
- Permanent, full time role in the Auckland CBD
Join our Creative Technologies team at Colab, where we prepare our students for the future and for jobs yet to exist! Colab sits within AUT’s Faculty of Design and Creative Technologies and is a dynamic, interdisciplinary creative technologies research and teaching space. We’re the nexus where engineering, computer sciences and design come together with technology to make magic happen.
We currently have a range of fantastic opportunities for research-active academics and will consider appointments at Associate Professor, Senior Lecturer or Lecturer. Our roles will appeal greatly to innovative, entrepreneurial and ambitious academics; the outside the box thinkers open to doing things radically!
- Please visit the Creative Technologies section on the AUT Careers site for more information about what it’s like to work with us, links to our research, our state-of-the-art facilities, the roles and to view videos to understand what Creative Technologies is really all about
You’ll have the opportunity to develop/continue your career in teaching, research and service and teach in programmes at all levels, whilst actively publishing from your existing and new research. You will also enthusiastically engage with project opportunities developing innovative teaching, research collaborations and links with industry.
At times you’ll also engage in team teaching within a studio environment and work with colleagues on project briefs. There may also be the opportunity for curriculum development and to lead a smaller paper. Staff are being encouraged to also teach across other schools and faculties too so the ability to do so would also be of interest.
Appointments at the level of Associate Professor will be expected to take a leading role in building the research profile of Creative Technologies at AUT as well as leadership with regard to teaching and learning. Successful candidates for this level of appointment would typically have already demonstrated leadership in research and/or teaching and learning.
What kind of people are we looking for?
- You’ll ideally have a disciplinary background in digital production, gaming or integrating digital technologies with visual arts. However, other fields of relevance to our research and projects will also be considered.
- You’ll have a PhD relevant to disciplines within Design and Creative Technologies (for Lecturer appointments PhD’s near completion will also be considered)
- You’ll have teaching experience, research and service history appropriate to the level of appointment
- You must also demonstrate a commitment to interdisciplinary collaboration and have the potential to engage with at least one interpretation of Creative Technologies; either using technology in a creative way, being more creative through the use of technology or developing new technology creatively.
Appointment level and salary will be commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful applicants. Ideally, appointments will be confirmed late-2018 - with the view to staff starting in January 2019, or soon after.
For enquiries of an academic nature: Contact Dr Yvonne Chan, Director Colab email@example.com
For recruitment enquiries or a confidential discussion: Call Alycia Hurley, Senior Recruitment Consultant on +64 9 921 9207 or Julie Galang, Recruitment Consultant on +64 9 921 9215.
Closing Date: Sunday, 30 September at 23:55pm (NZST)
More searches like this
- Permanent Architecture Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in New Zealand
- Permanent Computer Science Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in New Zealand
- Permanent Art, Performing Arts & Design Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in New Zealand
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in New Zealand
- Permanent Communication & Media Studies Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in New Zealand