Marketing, Conversion and Information Officer
Richmond, The American International University in London, Inc. is seeking to appoint a Marketing, Conversion and Information Officer to support the US Admission Team at our Boston Office. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Student Communications for North America, the Marketing, Conversion and Information Officer will be responsible to convert students through all stages of the admissions funnel by promoting the University through phone and email communications while developing and maintaining effective contacts with prospective students, parents, schools, alumni and other stakeholders. Other main duties include to provide marketing support in developing campaigns and materials, and help facilitate increased social media activity. This position will require occasional travel in North America and some weekend and evening work.
Experience in a similar role, preferably in higher education or in an international organisation would be an advantage. Effective presentation skills and strong communication and relationship-building skills together with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people are essential. Organisational and administrative is also essential. Experience with the American and British education systems and a working knowledge of the legal and funding requirements for student recruitment are desirable.
This is an ideal position for someone interested in developing a career in international higher education admissions.
Richmond, The American International University in London is an independent, private university with dual American and British accreditation and US public charity status, delivering an education in the American liberal arts tradition. With two campuses in a five-acre site in Richmond Hill and Kensington in central London, and study centres in Florence, Rome and Leeds, the University has around 1,500 students from over 60 countries.
Richmond is an equal opportunities employer.
For further information about this vacancy and the University, please visit:
Closing date: 27 September 2018.
Please submit an application online at http://careers.richmond.ac.uk/ ensuring you upload a current CV and covering letter, together with details of three recent work-related referees.
Please note that while submitted applications will be acknowledged, we are unable to provide individual feedback to applicants.
RICHMOND THE AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY IN LONDON
The Marketing, Conversion and Information Officer for North America reports to Director of Marketing and Student Communications for North America.
The Marketing, Conversion and Information Officer for North America will make a broad contribution as a member of the US Admissions Team. The specific focus of this post will be to convert students through all stages of the admissions funnel by promoting the University through phone and email communications while developing and maintaining effective contacts with prospective students, parents, schools, alumni and other constituents resulting in the recruitment of students for the University who meet the entry criteria. In addition the post holder will be expected to provide marketing support in developing campaigns and materials, and help facilitate increased social media activity. This position entails accurate data entry and administrative work and the occasional requirement to travel within North America.
The Marketing, Conversion and Information Officer for North America’s main duties are to:
- advise prospective students, parents, sponsors, guardians and counsellors on Richmond’s academic programmes, admissions procedures, student loans and scholarship opportunities;
- engage in telephone/electronic/postal follow-up with prospective students, moving them along the enrolment funnel toward enrolment status;
- maintain proactive conversion follow up using the University’s CRM system;
- advise and provide information to prospective students and parents regarding financial aid and scholarships;
- represent the University in North America at schools, embassies, agencies, university fairs and partner institutions;
- comply with all US/UK and international data privacy laws, regulations and legislation pertaining to the recruitment and admission of students;
- mail and email Admissions correspondence, and sort and process incoming mail;
- maintain and update the databases;
- arrange shipment of materials for college fairs to various locations as required;
- monitor participate in social media activities in order to promote engagement with prospective students;
- work collaboratively with marketing, student recruitment, admissions, housing, finance and other related services based in the UK;
- adhere to and promote the University’s health and safety policies and procedures;
- undertake other duties as assigned by the Director of Marketing and Student Communications for N orth America.
The Marketing, Conversion and Information Officer for North America is located in the Office of Admissions for North America in Boston.
By the nature of the duties of this position, there is an occasional requirement for weekend and evening work. There is also an occasional requirement to travel in North America.
The above responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of Director of Marketing and Student Communications for North America and shall include other responsibilities as required from time to time. The Director of Marketing and Student Communications for North America or designated supervisor will work with the Marketing, Conversion and Information Officer for North America to co-ordinate work and evaluate the Marketing, Conversion and Information Officer’s performance.
experience of working in a similar role preferably in higher education or an international organisation;
- strong communication and relationship-building skills, able to communicate effectively and with a wide range of people;
- effective presentation skills;
- strong organisational and administrative skills with the ability to take a planned and structured approach to work;
- accuracy and attention to detail;
- ability to work well independently and as part of a team;
- proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and database management skills;
- a valid US driver’s license;
- an under graduate degree or equivalent working experience.
- experience of marketing, public relations or communications;
- a working knowledge of the legal and funding requirements for student recruitment; experience of social media;
- experience of the American and British education systems;
- experience of living abroad.