5 days left
- Full Time
WEST COAST REPRESENTATIVE
Salary range: US $40,000 - $45,000 per annum Plus excellent benefits
Richmond, The American International University in London, Inc. is seeking an Admissions Officer for North America: West Coast Representative to support the University’s operation during a period of reorganisation. You will be responsible to represent and promote the University at events, by phone and email while developing and maintaining effective contacts with prospective students, parents, schools and other stakeholders. Other duties include to maintain accurate electronic and paper-based filing systems, assist with recruitment planning and events and track application progress.
This is a remote position with the understanding that occasional travel to the Boston Office and London Office will be required. This position also requires travel in North America and some weekend and evening work.
We are looking for an Admissions Officer who will provide high quality, proactive and effective support for our small recruitment and admissions team. You must be committed, able to learn quickly, and have a customer service-focused approach to work. Experience of working in a similar role, preferably in higher education or an international organisation, is essential. Previous experience in marketing, public relations or communications is desirable.
This is an ideal position for someone interested in developing a career in international higher education admissions recruitment.
Richmond, The American International University in London is an independent, private university with dual American and British accreditation and US public charity status, delivering an education in the American liberal arts tradition. With two campuses in a five-acre site in Richmond Hill and Kensington in central London, and study centres in Florence, Rome and Leeds, the University has around 1,500 students from over 60 countries.
Richmond is an equal opportunities employer.
For further information about this vacancy and the University, please visit:
Closing date: 27 September 2018.
Please submit an application online at http://careers.richmond.ac.uk/ ensuring you upload a current CV and covering letter, together with details of three recent work-related referees.
Please note that while submitted applications will be acknowledged, we are unable to provide individual feedback to applicants.
RICHMOND THE AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY IN LONDON
The Admissions Officer for North America (West Coast Representative) reports to the Senior Director of US Operations.
The Admissions Officer for North America (WCR) will make a broad contribution as a member of the US Admissions Team. The specific focus of this post will be to represent and promote the University through at events, by phone and email communications while developing and maintaining effective contacts with prospective students, parents, schools, alumni and other constituents resulting in the recruitment of students for the University who meet the entry criteria. This position entails accurate data entry and administrative work and a requirement to travel within North America.
The Admissions Officer for North America (WCR) main duties are to:
- advise prospective students, parents, sponsors, guardians and counsellors on Richmond’s academic programmes, admissions procedures, student loans and scholarship opportunities;
- engage in telephone/electronic/postal follow-up with prospective students, moving them along the enrolment funnel towards enrolment status;
- maintain proactive conversion follow up using the University’s CRM system;
- advise and provide information to prospective students and parents regarding financial aid and scholarships;
- represent the University in North America at schools, embassies, agencies, university fairs and partner institutions;
- comply with all US/UK and international data privacy laws, regulations and legislation pertaining to the recruitment and admission of students;
- mail and email Admissions correspondence, and sort and process incoming mail;
- maintain and update the databases;
- arrange shipment of materials for college fairs to various locations as required;
- participate in social media activities in order to promote engagement with prospective students;
- adhere to and promote the University’s health and safety policies and procedures;
- undertake other duties as assigned.
The Admissions Officer for North America (WCR) is a remote position with the understanding that occasional travel to the Boston office and London will be required.
By the nature of the duties of this position, there is a requirement for weekend and evening work. There is also a requirement for extensive travel.
The above responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of the Senior Director of US Operations and shall include other responsibilities as required from time to time. The Senior Director for US Operations or designated supervisor will work with the Admissions Officer for North America (WCR) to co-ordinate work and evaluate the Admissions Officer’s performance.
- experience of working in a similar role preferably in higher education or an international organisation;
- strong communication and relationship-building skills, able to communicate effectively and with a wide range of people;
- effective presentation skills;
- strong organisational and administrative skills with the ability to take a planned and structured approach to work;
- accuracy and attention to detail;
- ability to work well independently and as part of a team;
- proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and database management skills;
- a valid US driver’s license;
- an undergraduate degree or equivalent working experience.
- experience of marketing, public relations or communications;
- a working knowledge of the legal and funding requirements for student recruitment; experience of social media;
- experience of the American and British education systems;
- experience of living abroad.