Associate Professor in Educational Leadership
The Department of Teacher Education has about 360 members of staff, and near 4,000 students. The department offers a complete degree program that qualifies students for teaching positions in all subjects and stages of Norwegian primary and secondary education. The department also offers a wide range of continuing education and in-service courses for teachers and school leaders, and has a separate bachelor program in archive and collection management. Many courses are offered in collaboration with other departments at NTNU. The Norwegian Centre for Mathematics Education and The Norwegian Centre for Writing Education and Research are part of the Department of Teacher Education. NTNU and The Department of Teacher Education host The Norwegian National Research School in Teacher Education (NAFOL) and have their own PhD program in Research with focus on Teacher Education and School Practice. Members of the department carry out a wide range of school and education based research projects.
The Department of Teacher Education is announcing two full-time permanent positions as Associate Professor in organization and Education Management.
The position is based in the Section for Vocational teacher education, school development and educational leadership. The environment on education leadership currently has three professors, three associate professors, one researcher, three university lecturers and two PhD research fellows.
The Section is responsible for the Norwegian Head Teacher/Principal education program, the experience-based master's program in school leadership and other and several in-service courses. The research activity is largely aimed at action-oriented knowledge for the development of school, education and learning.
- Teaching and guidance within educational leadership.
- Contribute to new research perspectives on learning, organizational development and leadership in the education sector.
- Professional responsibility for teaching and research together with the academic staff in the Section and at the Department.
- Contribute to the research community's research and development activities based on their own competence profile.
- Administrative tasks.
- A Ph.D. within the field of education, organization and management or equivalent. Applicants without a completed PhD may be considered for the position if it can be documented that the project is in the final stage.
- The positions are open for applicants with educational and research experience within organizational development and leadership in general. Applicants with research experience in organizational development and leadership in the educational sector will be desired.
- Research experience in areas such as innovation, technology, knowledge management and organizational learning are emphasized.
- Teaching and management experience from primary education will be emphasized.
- Experience with the use of information technology in teaching contexts is desirable.
- Applicants with experience with innovative pedagogies will be preferred
- To be considered for appointment, candidates must document university pedagogical qualifications.
Candidates without such qualifications will be required to complete a training course within two years of employment. Uniped at NTNU offers such courses. For further information see: http://www.ntnu.edu/vacancies/pedagogical-qualifications
In addition to formal qualifications, personal qualities such as independence, solution orientation, collegial cooperation, student involvement, creativity and motivation will be given great weight.
Pedagogical skills and qualifications will be emphasized. The assessment will be based on documented teaching material, the form and quality of the scientific work, teaching experience, supervision of master and doctoral students, and other pedagogical experience. Quality and breadth will also be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview and will be asked to prepare a short lecture intended for a student audience.
Wages and working conditions
Salary for Associate Professor (Førsteamanuensis): Salary Code 1011, starting salary min. NOK 515 200. The successful candidate will normally be paid between NOK 515 200,- to 713 600, - per year depending on qualifications.
By law, 2% of the gross salary will be paid to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund from salary deductions. Terms and conditions of the position are subject to the current Acts and Regulations for Norwegian State Employees.
The successful candidates are required to live within commuting distance from The Norwegian University of Science and Technology in Trondheim. Total work distribution will be divided between research, teaching and administration. The division between the different areas will vary, but over time, research and teaching will be equally distributed.
Applicants must submit the following documents within the application deadline at www.jobbnorge.no:
- Application in letter form
- Digital copies of relevant diplomas and certificates
- Up to 5 scientific works
Joint work will be evaluated. If it is difficult to identify the contributions from individuals in a join piece of work, applicants should enclose a short descriptive summary of what he/she contributed to the work. Information about the applicants may be open to public inspection according to the Freedom of Information Act. Electronic application should be submitted electronically via www.jobbnorge.no. Relevant certificates and diplomas should be submitted electronically, and certified copies of diplomas and certificates will be required from candidates called for an interview.
Please mark the application SU-233.
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology wishes to promote equal opportunities in all its employment practices. Minority candidates are encouraged to apply. According to the Public Procurement Act, information about the applicant may be published even if the applicant has requested not to be listed on the applicant list.
Further information about the positions can be obtained by contacting the Head of Department Torberg Falch, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +47 99393691, or to Head of Section Anna Rapp, email: email@example.com, tel. +47 41363994.
Queries about the application process should be directed to the HR-section via email to Brith-Eli Åsland, firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 10.10.2018.
About this job
- Deadline Wednesday, October 10, 2018
- Employer NTNU - Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet
- Municipality Trondheim
- Place of service Kalvskinnet
- Jobbnorge ID 156549
- Internal ID 2018/23266
- Scope Fulltime
- Duration Permanent
- Applications on this job are registered in an electronic form on jobbnorge.no
- You must complete: Academic CV
- Please refer to where you first saw this job advertised!