Duty station: Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Deadline: Position open until filled
The Finance Officer/Accountant will be responsible for overseeing the Finance function related to the operations and providing the necessary assistance to the personnel of Finance Department.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Streamline the record keeping for the transactions made through the UCA Dushanbe office and preparing accurate and timely monthly financial reports.
- Assist in checking and verifying all payments and make recommendation for the payment processing while ensuring compliance with the UCA financial policies and procedures and authority matrix.
- Perform and assist as needed with daily accounting operations, including cash receipts, disbursements and accruals, fixed asset purchases, operating within iScala information system.
- Ensure effective / accurate maintenance of fixed assets registry and assist in periodic physical verification in accordance with the policy;
- Salary accrual, including creation of the monthly reporting and payment of applicable taxes and deductions;
- Preparation and submission of statutory reports, tax and statistical reporting including VAT on a monthly basis.
- Assist in compilation of UCA financial reports on periodic basis and in preparing other financial reports including travel, sectional report, advances and payables, etc.
- Undertake any other assignment given by the supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in the field of Finance and/or Accounting
- Minimum 2 years of professional working experience in a similar position
- Qualification such as CAP/CIPA would be an advantage
- Fluent in English, Russian and Tajik languages
- Ability to manage multiple tasks successfully
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Computer literate: MS Word, MS Excel, Internet and email. Experience with iScala would be an advantage;
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be received on a rolling basis and the position is open until filled. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “Finance Officer/Accountant”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.