Patient Service Associate, Brier Creek, Orofacial
Brier Creek - Innovative Pain Therapies
Duke Innovative Pain Therapies (DIPT) Patient Services Associate will coordinate and participate in a variety of duties associated with daily clinic preparation process, patient identification, patient check in/out, charge posting, cash management and patient appointment scheduling.
The DIPT practice provides optimal comprehensive, collaborative care from our specialists, which include experts in acupuncture and Asian Medicine, Pain Management, Psychology, Neurology, and Dental services performed by a Dentist certified by the American Board of Orofacial Pain.
This position also requires excellent customer service skills, message distribution,ancillary scheduling and preparation, and referrals management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepare for clinic visits by reviewing next day patients and completing next day preparation activities.
- Enter pre-visit orders and prepare new patient charts.
- Pickup X-rays, office charts,medical records, reports, petty cash and collections bag.
- File history sheets, ancillary reports and all other required patient record documentation.
- Return medical records.
- Attach HIPPA/Medicare documents to the encounter forms.
- Check-in patient upon arrival in the practice.
- Identify correct patient information in Maestro Care.
- Verify patient demographic data. Edit Maestro Care as needed.Accurately identify the appropriate account for patient visit.
- Present and educate patients on required forms and obtain signature as required by policy and procedure.
- Completes all Maestro Care check-in files and manage all appropriate alerts.
- Collect and post co-payments and balances on accounts due.
- Imprint all patient specific chart documents and requisition/transmittal documents.
- Copy,file and distribute insurance cards as indicated by procedure.
- Coordinate all labs/procedures as requested.
- Maintain private physician office charts.
- Prepare encounter forms.
- Investigate and account for missing encounter forms.
- Audit encounter forms for completeness and accuracy before batching.
- Batches encounter forms or charge posting in Maestro Care.
- Schedules tests and procedures.
- Complete and distribute ancillary service requisitions.
- Explain billing to patients according to PRMO credit and collection policies.
- Determine the amount of cash to be collected based on insurance plan.
- Check-out patients.
- Make return appointments by scheduling patients into the correct appointment type, entering the primary care physician or referring physician and scheduling tests and procedures.
- Answer telephone, take and deliver messages to physicians, nurses and other staff.
- Report obtained medical information from patients and referring physicians accurately, completely and timely.
- Disseminate messages according to practice communication standards
- Manage and send new patient health assessments through email.
- Upon confirmed completion, call and schedule new patient consultation.
- Determine when return patient health assessments are required for return appointments and send assessments accordingly for patient completion.
- Review weekly appointments to ensure assessments are return before patient appointment.Identify uncompleted assessments to request completion during patient check-in on day of appointment.
- Perform other job related tasks as delegated by manager.
Knowledge,Skills and abilities:
- Basic computer knowledge
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills &cooperation.
- Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs.
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must travel between locations on needed basis.Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands &priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
- Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
- Must be able to lift 5 lbs.Must be able to push/pull 10 lbs.
- Must be able to carry 10lbs.
- Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.
Requisition Number 401442536
Duke Entity PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
Job Code 4502 PATIENT SERVICE ASSOCIATE
Job Family Level B2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires knowledge of basic grammar and mathematical principles normally acquired through high school education
Minimum of one year of work experience in directly communicating and providing service to patients or public; preferably in a healthcare related field.
Experience in effectively coordinating multiple tasks or activities.
Auto req ID