Registered Nurse Home Team Hospice 2nd Shift
Performs professional nursing care for patients in a the home or inpatient facility according to nursing practices, agency policies and regulations.
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS:
This work schedule is Monday - Friday, 2:00 p.m. till 10:00 p.m.
Note: Major Job Functions listed below. Other requirements will be based on level as stipulated by the DUHS Clinical Ladder Program.
- Plan, provide, supervise and document professional nursing care utilizing the nursing process for patients in accordance with the NC nurse practice act, physician orders and established policies and procedures. Uses professional nursing judgment to individualize the plan of care based on assessment of the patient's baseline needs and response to care.
- Utilize comprehensive assessment skills to plan priorities and to set realistic outcomes; collaborate with healthcare team in the evaluation and cost effectiveness of patient care.
- Assess educational needs of patients/families concerning alterations in health, the disease process, and plan of care.
- Obtain or develop appropriate educational resources for patients/families; plan and implement appropriate educational interventions; evaluate effectiveness and outcomes of patient/family teaching.
- Integrates nursing research findings into practice and performance improvements activities.
- Role model professional nursing through conduct, appearance, communication, mutual respect, ethical decision-making, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Participates in weekly team meetings and case conferences, as necessary, to assure appropriate care and service are provided to the patient.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid/JCAHO standards thru in-services and workshop attendance.
- Assesses the severity of patient symptoms, communicates to the physician and records significant findings, intervenes as appropriate.
- Documents care and services provided in accordance with DHCC Policy and Procedures and regulatory standards.
- Required documentation is timely, concise and complete.
- Observes patient's reactions to medications and reports significant incidents to the physicians.
- Communicates regularly with team members, caregivers, and physicians.
- Follows infection control standard precautions and uses personal protective equipment as required.
- Delegates and supervises care given by CNA's/LPN's.
- Participates in collaborative practice teams and other hospital/community relations. Functions as needed to facilitate program development in specialty area.
- Identifies personal learning needs and implements corrective action: assists in planning and conducting staff development programs to improve DHCC effectiveness.
- Implements agency policy, procedures and objectives.
- Works closely with agency billing staff to ensure accuracy of billing.
- Maintains confidentiality of employee and patient information.
- Exhibits an attitude which promotes harmony and goodwill in the workplace.
- Displays a clean, neat, professional appearance.
- Participates in Performance Improvement Program.
- Promotes quality, comprehensive services through a team approach.
- Performs other duties as assigned.