Medicine - General
Administrative support for the office of the Chair in the Department of Medicine.
- Assist Vice Chairs with timely management of communications, both written and via telephone, with a variety of constituents; compose emails, letters, and statements independently requiring interpretation and application of Duke best practices and regulations and monitoring follow up with all distributions that require answers,responses, and written replies
- Arrange for and schedule meetings and appointments for Vice Chairs;manage the preparation of materials for meetings and speaking engagements, take meeting minutes
- Serve as liaison with administrative personnel and external agencies concerning University policies and procedures;coordinate and resolve problems and issues relative to administrative matters of an internal and external nature
- Provide administrative assistance to the Department Chair's Admin Coordinator as needed, including events and special activities
- Assist the Communications team as needed, including MGR presentation details, events and special activities
- Establish internal and external appointments and meetings; attend meetings as requested to provide information and serve as a resource person; answer questions concerning departmental or divisional activities and transmit instructions and/or information to and from staff members
- Schedule and coordinate itineraries for leadership recruitment candidates
- Organize and maintain files - records, reports and correspondence
- Assist with calendar management
- Manage travel, flights, itineraries, hotel accommodations, and location transportation
The most qualified candidates will have demonstrated world-class professionalism, tact, and customer service skills and experience.
Requisition Number 401484011
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 476 STAFF ASST
Job Family Level 09
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a broad knowledge of clerical and accounting principles and practices normally acquired through two years of post-secondary education in secretarial science or a related business field.
Work generally requires four years of related secretarial/clerical experience to acquire skills necessary to administer complex office functions related to office management, communications, and budgetary/accounting activities. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID