Professor of Management Systems
Professor of Management Systems
Starting from £63,287 pa
We are currently seeking an entrepreneurial academic to work as Professor of Management Systems at the University's Business School.
This is a fantastic opportunity to provide leadership in your chosen subject area whilst integrating approaches from other fields. This could, for instance, include cross-cutting work on applications of analytics, Big Data, or IS/IT, social media adoption and diffusion.
You will play a central role in meeting the School’s aspiration to become internationally recognised for its work in sustainability-driven innovation through leadership in research and education as well as leveraging your own collaborative networks.
Kent Business School is consistently rated as one of the UK's Top 20 course providers. We offer a supportive and collegial work environment as well as an attractive incentive package to include an excellent salary as well as start-up research funding. We are looking for the successful candidate to start at the beginning of April or soon thereafter.
As Professor of Management Systems you will:
- Provide academic leadership in the design and delivery of innovative and high-quality teaching programmes
- Support the Head of School in the management and development of academic staff, through participation in and/or organisation of a range of activities
- Provide leadership in your area of responsibility and contribute to the management of the School as required by the School Director; offer guidance, support and mentoring to junior members of staff working in the same or cognate research and teaching areas
- Engage in high-quality and impactful research at acceptable levels of volume and excellence
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A doctorate in a relevant discipline or equivalent
- Line management experience as Director of a Research Centre, or equivalent managerial experience
- Teaching skills appropriate to higher education at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels, including supervision of research students
- Evidence of a strong track record of successful publication in 3* or 4* rated journals, as judged by the CABS International Guide to Academic Journal Quality
- Experience in (successful) research and enterprise income generation and impactful research
Kent Business School is the largest school within the University and the Faculty of Social Sciences. The School has 2435 students and 144 staff. We offer a strong and growing portfolio of undergraduate, postgraduate taught and research programmes on our two campuses in Canterbury and Medway. The School also delivers part of its MBA programme in Brussels and Paris.
We are committed to developing employable graduates and informing the practice of management for a sustainable future. The appointment of new and highly motivated staff has transformed the research culture within the School, attracting interest nationally and internationally.
Closing date for applications: 30 September 2018
Interviews are to be held: 25 October 2018
Please see the links below to view the full job description and also to apply for this post. If you require further information regarding the application process, please contact me on email@example.com quoting reference number SS1390.
Please note - applications must be made via the University’s online application system. You will be required to fill in the main details section of the application form as well as upload your CV and a cover letter. Your cover letter should clearly and explicitly address the requirements of the Person specification and you should provide clear evidence and examples in your application which back-up any assertions you make in relation to each criterion. We recommend a maximum of 4 x A4 sides for this document.
CVs or details sent directly to the department or via email cannot be considered.
If you are invited for an interview, we will request references for you at this stage.
No agencies, thank you.