Classified Title: Clinic Supervisor
Working Title: Clinic Supervisor
Role/Level/Range: ATO 37.5/03/OF
Starting Salary Range: $40,820 - $56,149
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: 04-MD:School of Medicine Campus
Department name: 10003130-SOM Psy General Psychiatry
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The Clinic Supervisor will coordinate the daily clinical front desk operation of the Bartlett Clinic Psychiatry Service and daily operations for Dr. Treisman’s outpatient clinics in the Meyer and Osler buildings. Supervise and assist the medial office coordinators of the Bartlett Clinic Psychiatry Service and in other settings for Dr. Treisman. Lead and ensure smooth functioning of clinical operations and independently resolve any scheduling issues, customer service complaints, third party insurance issues and interdepartmental coordination problems, whenever necessary. Coordinate activities and provide clinical/administrative support for a multi-faceted clinical/research office to ensure a smoothly functioning office and good patient relations. Help coordinate meetings and administrative issues related to collaborations between Dr. Treisman and other departments. Answer calls and help coordinate the care of patients seen in the Amos Food, Body & Mind Center on the Bayview Campus. Interact and help coordinate care with the Neurogastroenterology program. Interact with patients, patients’ family members, referring physicians, and third party carriers with regard to patient-related issues. Implement and improve processes that expedite the patient-centered care model.
- Coordinates a multi-faceted clinical/research office.
- Assist as needed with the preparation of Ryan White and other grants for patient service.
- Assists patients, referring physicians, and third party carriers to resolve patient related issues.
- Researches and prepares specialized reports and budgets.
- Schedules patients for laboratory tests, medical examinations, and consultations.
- Acquires medical/psychiatric records of patients.
- Relay information to patients regarding preparation for laboratory tests and examinations.
- Maintains familiarity with various types of medical insurance to explain these plans.
- Obtains pre-certifications as required by patients' health care insurers or managed care providers.
- Assists patients or family members with completion of medical insurance forms.
- Troubleshoot and use judgment in resolving problems as they arise.
- Ensure that completed patient visits, procedures, and medications are pre-authorized by third party payers, managed care organizations, and HMO’s.
- Analyze clinic-operating practices and make suggestions creating new systems and revising established procedures.
- Informs patients of costs of care being provided, and guides them to appropriate resources for further information, guidance, or assistance.
- Monitor front desk financials such as time of service collections, registration issues that prevent a clean claim from being submitted.
- Supervise the maintenance of physician, resident, and fellow templates in the patient scheduling system.
- Resolve scheduling conflicts, monitor clinic utilization, and maintain clinic patient flow.
- Intervene as necessary on issues relating to patient complaints, health care providers concerns, and operational issues; take measures to correct situations or ensure appropriate personnel are involved.
- Assist staff directly in answering the phones, patient registration, and other clinic operations.
- Prepare and maintain clinic statistics and reports using database or spreadsheet software; develop reports to track referral/consult patterns, data regarding physician’s availability, appointment waiting periods and un-kept appointments.
- Promote service excellence to ensure patient, staff and physician satisfaction as outlined in the Service Excellence Standards reference guide.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Provide coaching, providing feedback, and taking disciplinary action when necessary.
- Supervise clinical/administrative support staff in the clinic, interpreting and communicating operating polices.
- Ensure employee compliance training is up to date.
- Serve as liaison for the group with the billing office and department administration.
- Serves as department resource as EPIC super-user, manages HCGH EPIC behavioral health guarantor input.
- Register and schedule follow up patient appointments and new patients.
- Manage messages, Patient management.
- Enter telephone encounters.
- Print letters patient letters and Patient Correspondence.
- Review clinical information and print records.
- Scanning patient information.
- eRx refill and orders messaging to prescribers
- MyChart .
- Pend orders and route to provider for authentication.
- Serve as back-up EPIC Schegistrar as needed in other Psychiatry clinics.
EPIC Proficiency /Training:
- Regular audits of EPIC competency, 90% or greater registration accuracy required.
- Maintain competency by completing annual recertification training and passing all assessments.
- Must adhere to Service Excellence Standards.
- Customer Relations
- Continuous Performance Improvement
Education: High School Diploma or GED required.
Experience: Five years progressively clinical experience with office operations experience and prior supervisory experience.
Special knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- History of strong organizational skills, analytical skills, customer service skills, clinical sensitivity, medical terminology, excellent computer skills and the ability to multi-task.
- High level of interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are also essential.
- Excellent communication, mathematical computation, spelling, and grammar skills.
- Knowledge and compliance of HIPAA rules and regulations in the dissemination of patient Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Experience in the Johns Hopkins system strongly preferred.
Any specific physical requirements for the job:
- Able to sit in a normal seated position for extended periods.
- Able to reach by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Finger dexterity required, able to manipulate objects with fingers rather than entire hand(s) or arm(s), e.g., use of computer keyboard.
- Able to communicate using the spoken and written word.
- Able to see within normal parameters and to hear within normal range.
- Able to move about.
- Able to lift minimum weight, 10-20 lbs.
Moore Clinic – Medical Office Coordinators
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information