PRN Clinical Social Worker, Home Health or Hospice
PRN ONLY AS NEEDED
A licensed clinical social worker who provides psychosocial assessments, diagnosis, and treatment, and consultation about patient and families to assist them and the health care team in coping the patient’s illness, diagnosis, and/or life situation in a hospice setting such as the home or skilled nursing facility.
Responsible to Manager of Bereavement and Family Services
Position directly supervised: None
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide psychosocial assessments of patients and families to identify emotional, social and environmental strengths and problems related to their diagnosis, illness, treatment, and/or life situation.
- Formulate, develop, and implement a comprehensive psychosocial treatment plan utilizing appropriate clinical social work treatments and interventions. Interventions may include crisis intervention, brief and long-term individual, marital, family and/or group therapies as well as grief and bereavement work.
- Screen, identify, diagnose using DSM nomenclature, treat and manage mental health and/ or substance abuse problems in patients and family members. Provide training to other health care professionals in same.
- Assist with screening, identification, diagnosis, management and treatment of victims of abuse, neglect, domestic violence, rape, etc. Provide training to other health care professionals in same.
- May participate in on-call or after hours coverage.
- Provide consultative services to health care team members within scope of care definitions as needed.
- Maintain a working knowledge of relevant medical/legal issues that impact on patient care, e.g., advance directives, child and elder abuse, etc.
- Provide education to patients and families around issues related to adaptation to the patient’s diagnosis, illness, treatment and/or life situation.
- Provide education to the community related to end of life issues and potential resources.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary health care teams and provide leadership in representing clinical social work perspective/liaison with patient and family.
- Provide teaching and training for students, staff, and faculty from social work and other disciplines.
- Contribute to the mission of the DHCH and health system by participating in academic activities such as committees, conferences, publications, teaching and research.
- Maintain working knowledge of liaison with community agencies and resources.
- Knowledge of health system resources to access and provide for patient care needs.
- Document assessment, plan interaction, and interventions according to departmental, DHCH and/or health system guidelines and standards.
- Maintain records and statistics in accordance with department, DHCH health system policies.
- Attend and participate in staff, committee, department, and other administrative meeting.
- Participate in DHCH continuous quality improvement efforts.
- Participate in regular supervisory conferences; keep current with social work and health care developments and seek to increase further enhancement of job related knowledge.
- Maintains confidentiality of employee and patient information.
- Exhibits an attitude which promotes harmony and goodwill in the workplace.
- Displays a clean, neat, professional appearance.
- Participates in Performance Improvement Program.
- Promotes quality, comprehensive services through a team approach.
- Performs other duties as assigned.