Ambulatory Care Nurse II, Duke Family Medicine Center
Ambulatory Care Nurse (RN) II - Duke Family Medicine Center Clinic
Duke University Health System- Duke Family Medicine Center seeks to hire an experienced Registered Nurse ACNII who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together.
The Duke Family Medicine Center is a clinic in Durham offering comprehensive family medicine services for every member of the family, including annual physicals, sports physicals, ongoing care for chronic conditions such as allergies, asthma, and diabetes, and lab services, all in one convenient location.
Services provided at this location include:
- Family medicine
- Women's health and gynecological procedures
- Low-risk obstetrical care
- Well-child visits
- Annual physical exams for adults and seniors
- Anti-coagulation clinic
- Specialized care for older adults
- Pharmacotherapy clinic
- Visits to home-bound patients
- Social work services
- Non-operative musculoskeletal care
- Behavioral health care
- Smoking cessation clinic
- Hormone affirming therapy
- Screening for sexually transmitted diseases/infections
- Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) therapy
- Sports medicine
Work Hours & Shifts:
- Full Time, Monday - Friday Days
- Position consist of 8 hour shifts
- 8:30a - 5:30p OR 7:30 - 4:30p available
- No weekends, nights, holidays
- Erwin Road, Durham NC
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- All three Duke Hospitals have received Magnet designation for excellence in nursing.
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina’s Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
- Tuition Reimbursement!
- Plan, provide and document professional nursing care in ambulatory settings, utilizing the nursing process, in accordance with physician orders and established policies and procedures, under the supervision of the nurse manager, charge nurse or practice manager.
- Collect and analyze patient data, make recommendations for nursing care plans, evaluate nursing care provided, document and communicate appropriately nursing actions taken and patient responses
- Delegate tasks and supervise the activities of other licensed and unlicensed care providers
- Assist other nursing personnel in the delivery of patient care and serve as a team leader
- Monitor and initiate corrective action to maintain the environment of care, including equipment and material resources.
- Participate in own professional development by maintaining required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking appropriate assistance or educational offerings.
- Support the development of other staff and formal learners. Participate in the identification of clinical, operational and safety related performance improvement opportunities.
- Participate in clinic or entity level performance improvement activities.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience Required:
- Previous work experience (1+ years) as a clinical nurse is required.
- Previous work in ambulatory clinic preferred but not required.
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (or higher), Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program is required.
All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date
Licensure, Certification or Registration Required:
- Current registration with North Carolina State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse OR current compact RN licensure to practice in the state of North Carolina required.
- BLS (or higher) certification required.
- Professional specialty certification (preferred).
Pre-employment Physical Capacity Testing Required