Are you a motivated accelerator physicist in the field of injection and extraction? Do you relish a challenge? Join CERN’s Accelerator Beam Transfer Group to work in the field of beam transfer systems applied to the largest particle physics laboratory in the world. CERN, take part!
You will join:
The Beam Transfer Physics Section (TE-ABT-BTP), responsible for conceptual design studies of beam transfer systems for new and proposed accelerators, and for the commissioning, machine studies and operational follow-up of existing systems.
As Accelerator Physicist in the TE-ABT-BTP Section, you will:
- Participate in the daily operation and performance optimisation of existing facilities.
- Define parameters and simulate performance for the re-design or upgrade of existing beam transfer systems of the LHC and injector complex.
- Design of beam transfer systems for approved projects and studies.
- Coordinate and carry out the commissioning of existing, new or upgraded beam transfer systems.
- Perform, analyse and report on experimental Machine Development studies.
- Supervise master and PhD students and post-doctoral Fellows.