Fellowship in CERN’s Legal Service
Welcome to the Fellowship Programme
Within the Programme, we are looking for a Fellow to join the Operational Law Section of CERN’s Legal Service.
Within the CERN Legal Service, the Operational Law Section assists the Organization by:
1. preparing and reviewing agreements, MOUs and similar legal instruments governing CERN’s scientific and technical cooperation with its partners around the world, including CERN's participation in EU grant schemes;
2. supporting CERN’s procurement activities by providing input and guidance on the preparation and execution of market surveys, invitations to tender and the placing of contracts with industry suppliers;
3. providing legal support to the CERN Pension Fund in respect of its investment transactions;
4. defending the Organization’s interests in any contractual disputes that result in litigation;
5. addressing legal issues concerning the use of CERN’s name, acronym and logos, managing copyright in its publicly available multimedia resources, and handling other intellectual property matters pertinent to the Organization; and
6. providing legal support in the context of CERN’s fundraising and outreach activities.
While the majority of the selected Fellow's work is likely to be generated from items 1 - 4, he or she can nonetheless expect to be involved in other aspects of these work-streams during the course of the Fellowship. Other discrete legal files that arise in the course of the Organization's activities may also be assigned to the Fellow.
In addition, a core deliverable of the Fellowship, once sufficient familiarity with these work-streams has been acquired, will be the design and delivery of a legal project to identify opportunities for the preparation and use of template agreements and conditions across these work-streams in the day-to-day activities of the Legal Service.