Core Operations Hosting/Windows Analyst
Core Operations - Systems Analyst - Windows
The Systems Analyst - Windows is responsible for the 24 x 7 health of all Virtualization, and Windows server systems and will provide IT technical and application support to the Duke Health community. The Systems Analyst is responsible for identifying incidents and events, analyzing problem trends, overseeing the management and resolution of issues, monitoring status, correlating events, understanding alarm diagnosis and incident trends. In addition, this position troubleshoots and resolves discovered issues under the scope of Operations Center-supported services and performs proactive activities that help to improve the overall operation of production services.
The Systems Analyst requires technical acumen, excellent communication and leadership skills, and technical troubleshooting skills. All Analysts are expected to quickly determine root cause, business impact and to resolve issues as quickly as possible to ensure all Duke Health’s Lines of Business, including patient care, are not impacted.
Working hours for this position are:
- Required Qualifications at this Level
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or four years of equivalent technical experience required.
- Two years of related experience in the areas listed below is required:
- Microsoft Office application suite.
- Windows Server administration.
- Experience configuring and installing servers used in mid-size networks (100 - 1000 users).
- Windows, VMware and Citrix.
- Tivoli's Inventory, Distributed Monitoring, TEC, Remote Control applications.
- SAN and NAS technologies such as EMC, IBM, and HP EVA.
- Powershell Scripting experience
- Working knowledge of incident management.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP technologies necessary to configure servers and troubleshoot network errors.
- Ability to follow change configuration management protocols and update systems documentation based on Duke and industry best practices processes.
- Solid understanding of the IT industry primarily relating to Windows, VMware, Citrix, server system architectures, storage systems, and system administration tools and best practices.
- Excellent technical skills to support the organization and assist team members across departments.
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Good verbal and written skills.
- 2 years Active Directory Experience
- Group Policy Administration Experience
- Advanced knowledge of IBM Director and/or HP Insight Manager.
- Proficient with incident and problem management.
- Proficient with configuration management.
- Proficient with change control policies and procedures.
- Strong business skills with an attention to end user and customer satisfaction.
Preferred Qualifications at this level
- 3-5 years of progressive Windows systems administration experience, to include design, implementation, backup, recovery, patching, updating, and automation of routine tasks for a complex computer network.
- VMWare, Microsoft Server (MCSE, MSCA)
- A+, Security+, and or Network+ certification(s)
- Supporting enterprise level applications in an operations or service desk capacity in one or more of the following areas
- EHR Software
- Revenue Cycle Software
- Business or Workforce Software
- Clinical Software
- Security Software
- Enterprise Monitoring Tools
- Experience working in a compliance environment
- Engaging multiple stakeholders, including application owners and developers, to support daily operations of software and to identify and manage problems and incidents
- Demonstrated capability in adapting to ongoing organizational and technical change
- Experience configuring and administering performance and system monitoring tools.
Requisition Number 401481092
Duke Entity HEALTH SYSTEM
Job Code 3849 DHTS SYSTEM ANALYST
Job Family Level CD
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Bachelor's degree in a related field, or four years of equivalent technical experience required. LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: VMWare, Microsoft Server, Red-Hat Linux, and/or AIX certification(s) preferred. A+, Security+, and or Network+ certification(s) preferred.
LEVEL 1: No experience required beyond the minimum education (or equivalency) requirement. LEVEL 2: Two years of related experience in the areas listed below is required. - Microcomputer skills (including Windows 2000, XP, and 7). - Microsoft Office application suite. - Server administration (Windows, Red Hat Linux, and/or AIX). - Experience configuring and installing servers used in mid-size networks (100 - 1000 users). - Windows, UNIX, VMware and Citrix. - Tivoli's Inventory, Distributed Monitoring, TEC, Remote Control applications. - SAN and NAS technologies such as EMC, IBM, and HP EVA. LEVEL 3: Four years of operational experience in the following areas is required: - Multiple storage technologies and SAN. - Design, implementation and maintenance, specifically in AIX, LINUX and Windows. - Virtualization - Systems and application monitoring and management tools, such as Tivoli.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Auto req ID