PRN Physical Therapist, Home Health
ADULT REHAB SERVICES
This position is PRN (as needed) requiring various hours and shifts, primarily day shift with possible weekend work.
Performs professional skilled work administering physical therapy treatments for patients in a primary care setting (the home or residential setting) according to physical therapy practices, agency policies and regulations.
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides physical therapy for patients in accordance with licensing & regulatory standards, physician's order and established policies and procedures.
- Participates in weekly team meetings and case conferences, as necessary, to facilitate appropriate services are provided to the patient.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid/JCAHO thru in-services and workshop attendance.
- Participates in development and implementation of DHCH Performance Improvement activities.
- Coordinates care plan activities with the multi disciplinary team members.
- Documents care and services provided in accordance with DHCH policies and procedures and regulatory standards.
- Required documentation is timely, concise and factual.
- Participates in assessing care given by physical therapy assistants.
- Participates in collaborative practice teams and other hospital/community relations functions as needed to facilitate program development in specialty area.
- Follows standard precautions and uses personal protective equipment as required.
- Instructs agency personnel, patients and patient's families in physical therapy related care such as transfers from bed, chair, wheelchairs, toilet, etc: gait training, adjusting assistive devices: therapeutic exercises, administering ultrasound, electrical stimulation or postural drainage during therapist-patient rehabilitation session.
- Communicates regularly with team members, caregivers, and physicians.
- Identifies personal learning needs and implements corrective action: plans and conducts staff development programs to improve agency effectiveness.
- Works closely with finance department to ensure accuracy of billing.
- Maintains confidentiality of employee and patient information.
- Exhibits an attitude which promotes harmony and goodwill in the workplace.
- Displays a clean, neat, professional appearance.
- Participates in Performance Improvement Program.
- Promotes quality, comprehensive services through a team approach.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requisition Number 100005564
Duke Entity DUKE HOMECARE AND HOSPICE
Job Code 5249 PHYSICAL THERAPIST
Job Family Level G1
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor of Science Degree with a major in physical therapy.
DHCH preferred requirements are: 2 years of experience in physical therapy required. Computer skills required with Microsoft Word and Excel experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Current N.C. license as a Physical Therapist. Valid NC Drivers License; Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation Certificate (CPR); Certification/Licensure as required by regulatory agencies. Working knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid regulations, including JCAHO and DFS standards, ICD-9 Coding. Considerable knowledge of professional physical therapy techniques, practices and procedures.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications:
Current Physical Therapist license in North Carolina
Auto req ID