Patient Service Associate
- Coordinate and participate in a variety of duties associated with management.
- Position also involves customer service, message daily clinic preparation process, patient identification, patient check in/out, charge posting, cash management and patient appointment distribution, ancillary scheduling and preparation and referrals.
- Prepare for clinic visits by reviewing next day patients and explain billing to patients
- Answer telephone, take and deliver messages to physicians, nurses and Check-out ancillary service requisitions.
- Schedule tests and procedures.
- Complete and distribute according to PRMO credit and collection policies.
- Determine the amount patients.
- Make return appointments by scheduling patients into the encounter forms. completing next day preparation activities.
- Enter pre-visit orders and prepare new patient charts.
- Pick up X-rays, office charts, medical records, reports, petty cash and collections bag.
- File history sheets, ancillary reports and all other required patient record documentation.
- Return medical records.
- Attach HIPPA/Medicare documents
- Check-in patient upon arrival in the practice.
- Identify correct patient information in Maestro Care.
- Verify patient demographic data.
- Edit Maestro Care as needed.
- Accurately identify the appropriate account for patient visit.
- Present and educate patients on required forms and obtain signature as required by policy and procedure.
- Completes all Maestro Care check-in files and manage all appropriate alerts.
- Collect and post co-payments and balances on accounts due.
- Imprint all patient specific chart documents and requisition/transmittal documents.
- Copy, file and distribute insurance cards as indicated by procedure.
- Coordinate all labs/procedures as requested.
- Maintain private physician office charts.
- Prepare encounter forms. Investigate and account for missing encounter forms.
- Audit encounter forms for completeness and accuracy before batching.
- Batches encounter forms or charge posting in Maestro Care. of cash to be collected based on insurance plan. correct appointment type, entering the primary care physician or referring physician and scheduling tests and procedures. others.
- Report obtained medical information from patients and referring physicians accurately, completely and timely.
- Disseminate messages according to practice communication standards
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Basic PC and data entry skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and telephone etiquette.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work, provide oral and written instructions, interact tactfully with customers and establish and maintain effective relationships with others.
- Must be able to apply specific departmental policies rules and regulations relating to verifying patient information, collecting payments and maintaining records and forms.