Development Coordinator, The Stanford Fund
Job Code: 4289
Exemption: 100% FTE, Non-exempt
Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description
Reporting to the Administrative Services Manager in The Stanford Fund, the Development Coordinator will provide administrative and routine support to fundraising programs and activities. S/he will work with front-line fundraising staff, donors, volunteers, and other university staff to assist in establishing and maintaining relationships with all university constituencies.
The Stanford Fund:
Stanford University has more than 80,000 undergraduate alumni. On the occasion of their reunions every five years, alumni are encouraged to commemorate their own Stanford experiences by making gifts to help current students share the same educational opportunities that they themselves enjoyed years ago. The primary goal is to raise unrestricted gifts for The Stanford Fund, but gifts to core areas of the university that support undergraduate teaching and learning also count toward reunion campaign goals.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide project and administrative support.
- Pull relevant reports and data for donor population and year over year analysis; perform Excel functions (SUM, SUMIF, VLOOKUP, COUNTIF, IF) to synthesize data for annual giving officers; create charts and graphs in Excel.
- Assist in the design, publication and production of fundraising materials.
- Manage and track RSVP and invitation process for young alumni events; refresh invite lists; assist with event registration and logistics.
- Build a network of relevant contacts, and stay informed on current university initiatives and activities.
- Prepare gift transmittals and troubleshoot gift and payment issues, to ensure accurate recording.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of events and donor cultivation, as needed.
- Retrieve information about prospects and donors, update records, and generate simple reports using the university external relations database.
- Process reimbursements for annual giving officers.
- Other duties may also be assigned.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree and one year of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge of database systems, such as Microsoft Access.
- Ability to work efficiently, juggle tasks simultaneously, meet deadlines, and achieve goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a wide range of people.
- Outstanding communication skills and exceptional attention to detail and follow-through.
- Exercise discretion in working with highly confidential and sensitive information.
Why Stanford for you:
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide excellent retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, swim in our Olympic-sized pool, or choose from hundreds of health and fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide highly competitive health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commute programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
How to apply:
We invite you to apply for the position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and a resume with your online application. The cover letter should briefly describe why you believe you are a good fit for this position.