Classified Title: Polysomnogram Technologist - Registered
Working Title: Polysomnogram Technologist - Registered
Starting Salary Range: $38,443 - $52,870
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F; 8:30am-5:00pm
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 33-MD:Johns Hopkins Bayview
Department name: 10002817-SOM DOM Pulmonary
Personnel area: School of Medicine
Coordinate sleep study scoring, data analysis, and quality control for multiple research studies.
Specific duties & responsibilities:
- The Polysomnographic Research Technologist will utilize expertise to work on scoring and analysis of sleep studies for research based on the currently accepted criteria for scoring.
- This person will primarily score all types of sleep studies according to current guidelines; generate sleep reports summarizing sleep/wake periods, REM episodes, arousal analysis, EEG phenomena, cardiac events, respiratory events, and limb movements.
- The staff member will also be responsible for timely triage and completion of the scoring tasks along with identifying alerts based on the findings of the sleep study.
- Duties also include assisting quality control evaluation of sleep studies and other scorers, and other tasks as needed. In addition, there will also be the requirement of conducting home sleep studies and home visits.
- This position requires excellent communication and interaction skills to work with other scorers, staff, and study investigators.
Minimum qualifications (mandatory):
- High school diploma/GED
- Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT) or Registered Sleep Technologist (RST) required.
- Current Maryland Polysomnographic Technologist license required (or eligible).
Special knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Excellent sleep scoring skills required.
- Experience with evaluating inter-and intra-scorer variability data.
- Must be self-directed and able to assess and maintain study deadlines.
- Computer and data entry skills required.
- Understanding and adherence to compliance and confidentiality policies and procedures, particularly with regards to medical/research information.
Technical qualifications or specialized certifications:
Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT) or Registered Sleep Technologist (RST) required.
Current Maryland Polysomnographic Technologist license required (or eligible).
Any specific physical requirements for the job:
Able to work on computer during the course of work day.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information