Elizabeth Blackwell Institute Early Career Fellow
Division/School Academic Faculties
Contract type Fixed Term Contract
Working pattern Full time
Salary £32548 - £36613 per annum (grade I) and £36613 - £41212 per annum (grade J)
Closing date for applications 12-Nov-2018
The Elizabeth Blackwell Institute at the University of Bristol is seeking to support excellent early career researchers who wish to develop towards independent research careers. Our fellowship scheme is for individuals who already hold a PhD at the time of application, and who wish to conduct research and to apply for externally-funded fellowships (or similar) to be held at Bristol. These fellowships are part of the Elizabeth Blackwell Institute’s portfolio of support for early career researchers. Although we do not specify number of years that an individual should have already spent in their post-doctoral career, these fellowships are designed for early career researchers as fellowships to launch them onto independence and the level of position reflects this. We ask that applicants and sponsors pay close attention to the suitability and eligibility criteria.
We offer a salaried position at the University of Bristol. This will normally be at up to Senior Research Associate (Grade I-J, normal starting salary £32,548 - £41,212 per annum 2017/2018) with a fellowship period of 6 months to 2 years. The position is designed to enable you to deliver high quality research outputs and to apply to external funders. You will work alongside one or more academic sponsors to help you to develop your research vision. During the fellowship you will be able to take part in high quality career and personal development opportunities at the University of Bristol, including support to develop your applications for future fellowships or similar funding.
Applicant suitability and eligibility:
- have completed their PhD in a relevant area.
- have a strong record of research output delivery (e.g. publications) in keeping with their years of experience and their research field.
- be eligible to apply for external fellowship or equivalent funding based at the University of Bristol and should plan to do so within the period of their Elizabeth Blackwell Institute fellowship.
- should plan to work on a topic aligned to areas of strength in health-related research at the University of Bristol. Note that strengths are across all Faculties and comprise biomedical and health research, including research in Medical Humanities and Social Sciences.
- must secure support from an academic sponsor and the Head of the host School at the University as part of their application process.
Further information and an application form are available from the Elizabeth Blackwell Institute website http://www.bristol.ac.uk/blackwell/funding/early/
There is a 2 stage application process:
- Stage1: Submit approval from an academic sponsor and Head of School.
Deadline 09:00 GMT 15 October 2018
- Stage2: Making a full application.
Deadline 09:00 GMT 12 November 2018
If you have any queries, please email email@example.com
The University is committed to creating and sustaining a fully inclusive culture. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities.
More searches like this
- £40,001 - £50,000 Fixed Term Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Research Fellowships jobs in City of Bristol
- £40,001 - £50,000 Fixed Term Medicine & Dentistry Research Fellowships jobs in City of Bristol
- £40,001 - £50,000 Fixed Term Other Health & Social Care Research Fellowships jobs in City of Bristol